Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to retrieve postmeta

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Pat 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Pat

Hello,
I have a site with WP and Toolset and have created a postype "INS ENSEIGNEMENT" in order to create subscription to courses. The courses are defined as "PRODUCTS".
I have created a form (id 6131) in order to create INS ENSEIGNEMENT post in rhe frontend.

When ccreating a new INS ENSEIGNEMENT, in the form, the user have the ability to chose which course he wants thans to this generic field :
[cred_generic_field type='select' field='wpcf-id-du-produit-achete']
{
"required":0,
"persist":1,
"options":[ [wpv-view name="backoffice-select-enseignement"] ]
}
[/cred_generic_field]

The Views backoffice-select-enseignement return the id of the chosen product thanks to :

<wpv-loop>[wpv-item index=1]{"value":"[wpv-post-id]","label":"[wpv-post-title]-[wpv-post-field name="views_woo_price"]€"}[wpv-item index=other],{"value":"[wpv-post-id]","label":"[wpv-post-title]-[wpv-post-field name="views_woo_price"]€"}
</wpv-loop>

I have also a hook in Toolset parameters with this code (aim is to decrease by 1 the chosen product stock quantity and to add the product price as the postmeta "wpcf-tarif-du-produit-achete" in the created post:

add_action('cred_save_data','gestion_stocks_backoffice',10,2);
function gestion_stocks_backoffice($post_id, $form_data) {

if ($form_data['id']==6131)
  {
$idproduit = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-id-du-produit-achete', false);

$stockavant = get_post_meta($idproduit, '_stock', false);   
$stockapres = $stockavant-1;
update_post_meta( $idproduit, '_stock', $stockapres );
$tarifproduitachete = get_post_meta($idproduit, '_price', false); 
update_post_meta( $post_id, 'wpcf-tarif-du-produit-achete', $tarifproduitachete );

}
}

All postmeta exist in the database.
Now, I'm stucked with the hook as it does not update neitherr the product stock (_stock) nor the postmeta "wpcf-tarif-du-produit-achete" in the created post.

Did I miss something in my code?

Regards
Pat

Hi, I don't see anything obviously wrong. One thing that concerns me is the use of "false" in the third parameter of your get_post_meta calls:

$idproduit = get_post_meta($post_id, 'wpcf-id-du-produit-achete', false);
$stockavant = get_post_meta($idproduit, '_stock', false); 
$tarifproduitachete = get_post_meta($idproduit, '_price', false); 

This would cause a problem if somehow there was more than one entry for wpcf-id-du-produit-achete in postmeta for this post, or more than one entry for _stock or _price for the selected product.

Can I see this Form on the front-end of the site? Please provide a URL and a login if needed. I will take a look at the generic field and see if anything looks unusual.

Pat

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your help. You're right, it seem that the "false" parameter was bringing some issue. I have moved it to "true" and everything is fine now.
Regards
Pat

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.