Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to Register Key on Site

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zacharyL 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I am trying to: Register a newly generated key on a fresh staging site.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Key validation confirmation.

Instead, I got: An error message that stated that my key was invalid: "Invalid site key for the current site."

I've attempted this multiple times, created multiple new keys, and still received this error message. I've tried these three different methods to register a key:

Method 1: Login to wp-types.com account, generate a key, paste said key into registration field on site. Key fails.

Method 2: Login to wp-types.com account, generate a key, click the key icon with the tooltip that says "Click here to enter the site key into the WordPress admin. The link takes me to the registration page. The key fails when pasted into the field.

Method 3: Click the "Toolset account" link in the instructions provided on the key registration page: "1. Go to your Toolset account and add this site URL: hidden link". It generates a new key. This key also fails.

I disabled all plugins aside from Toolset. Still received a failure to validate notice.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

Sorry, we have lots of reports of the same and are currently working on it.

I'll update when the problem is resolved and you can try again.

Thanks for your patience.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi there

The issue with registering sites has now been resolved, if you could please try again, and let me know if you still experience any problems.

Sorry about the hiccup.

I was able to validate. Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.