Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable to Edit Layout Visual Editor Cell

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author
screenshot.jpg

I am trying to edit a layout Visual Editor cell and I am unable to do so. I'm guessing it has to do with the markup in the cell with a tag that's not closed out or something like that. I can still add a new Visual Editor cell to the layout, and make modifications to it, but if only I could get at the markup within the "locked" cell.

The pencil icon doesn't show up when I hover over the cell, and all I can do is move it around.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I logged into your website and I have seen this issue. To investigate it, I'd like to isolate it from other components of the website. Please check if this issue appears when:
- Only Toolset plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty-Twenty. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
If the problem disappears, start activating one at a time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If that does not help find the cause of the issue, I'll need to take a copy of your website and debug it locally. Let me know if that would be fine with you.

It appears to be a conflict with GeoDirectory. Disabling the GeoDirectory plugins allows me to edit the cell.

I guess that's my answer, then.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Thank you for your feedback. Now we have something to work with. Maybe that's a general compatibility bug with GeoDirectory plugins or maybe that happens only on your website.

I have created a new test site and I hope you can install the GeoDirectory plugins on it and check if the issue is reproducible in a minimal example. If it does, we can assume that's a general compatibility bug with the plugins, and I'll escalate it to our compatibility team. You can log in to this test site using the following URL hidden link
I have already installed Toolset Layouts on it. Please install the GeoDirectory plugins, create a layout and check if it will present this issue.

If the issue is not reproducible, we can say, that's an exception that only appears on your website. In that case, I'll need to take a copy of your website and debug it locally.

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to Edit Layout Visual Editor Cell’ is closed to new replies.