Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to display posts nearby? Is this currently possible?

This support ticket is created 5 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok - thank you. I'll put this for download and I will get in touch with you with updates as soon as I successfully setup your site.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - I tried several attempts to setup your site on my local test install but unfortunately I could not able to setup your multi site database on my local install.

Is it possible for you to send me single site copy anyhow? or I would suggest wait for next week for new Toolset maps release and check if that helps to resolve this issue. If no, you need to find a way to send me the single site copy from your multisite so I can setup your single site on my local test install.

Minesh
Supporter

I've pro-version of duplicator - if you can assign me rights to add a plugin then I will try to install it and try to grab the single site if possible.

Is it possible for you to assign the rights to add a single duplicator plugin to your site?

Minesh
Supporter

Great - so please finish the clean up process and lets wait for release of Toolset maps and I will update you when its published.

Hi Minesh,
I've updated all the plugins to the latest versions - and the issue is still there.

e.g. you can see on this post that there's nothing nearby - hidden link - even though i know we've other routes (custom post type) in the same village and a load more nearby.

hidden link This post shows 4 posts nearby, should be limited to 10 - so this doesn't appear right either!

hidden link - shows nothing nearby - but we've got numerous other routes nearby.

If there's another update that should resolve this issue - then let me know and I'll await the solution.

Thanks,
Dave.

Minesh
Supporter

Hi Minesh,

I'm updated to the latest versions - and I'm still only seeing nearby posts from the last month or so, with some posts showing no posts nearby.

e.g. this post shows nothing nearby
hidden link (July 1st)
although this post is nearby - hidden link (june 20th)

I had a bit of a play, and it seemed to be that i needed to change the date of the first posts above to the 2nd of July in order to get it to appear as a nearby on the 2nd post - but it disappeared once we changed the publish day to 1st of July... It's very specific - we had a publish time of 00:05. So modifying this to 12:00 makes the post reappear... Unfortunately, i couldn't find a pattern with the other posts - with another post appearing as a nearby with a publish date of 15th July...

I'm stumped! I think it's interesting to see if the post above will still appear nearby tomorrow ... (the nearby post appears on the second link - showing : What’s Nearby? Ben Nevis via the CMD Arete

I've tried changing my date formats as well - with no luck!

Thanks for the links to the blog posts, but unfortunately the Azure mapping isn't an option for us as it's just too expensive. We're looking into integrating the Leaflet plugin from the WordPress Repository instead as we notice some have got this working with Toolset.

Minesh
Supporter

Thanks for the links to the blog posts, but unfortunately the Azure mapping isn't an option for us as it's just too expensive. We're looking into integrating the Leaflet plugin from the WordPress Repository instead as we notice some have got this working with Toolset.
==> well - I just updated you regarding Azure API integration with Toolset Maps so you should be aware about whats going on and whats coming 🙂

Regarding your near by issue - do you mean that the future date post means the posts which have date greater than current date is not visible?

Hi Minesh,

Sorry - the posts are all in the past and published - not 'future posts' in the wordpress sense. They are visible posts on the front end publically.

The post i mentioned above being visible, is no longer appearing in the nearby. There's clearly some time limit in play that means the view is only displaying posts (actually, custom posts CPT = Routes in this instance) within a specific timeframe... It appears to be around 28 days, at least in this instance.

Minesh
Supporter

Well - could you please share your google Map API key with me? Please create a new non-restricted API key if you dont have it.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Do you have a way to send me duplicator copy of your site (excluding images) and by disabling all non-Toolset plugins to minimize the size?

Or

What if you try: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

OR

What if you try to setup a test site with 1:1 copy of your current site and send me access details where I can debug and play with it, disable plugins, themes etc..etc..

Hi Minesh,
Unfortunately the all in one migration plugin will not work with multi-site - i need to pay for a $199 extension to get it to work!

I think you mentioned previously that you could temporarily install the Duplicator pro plugin on the site as we had issues initially getting that to work on multi-site as well? If you can do that, then you can either take the copy yourself, or i can do so and put it on Google Drive?? I can also try and copy the database and files once more - I've slimmed the DB down slightly in the last month or so.

I'm not sure how to setup a test site - I've tried using staging on my hosting but it doesn't work with multisite!!

Minesh
Supporter

Ok I've installed the pro version of duplicator on your site here:
=> hidden link

You need to <string> activate it and please send me the single site for which the issue is there with all minimum required plugins as other security plugins etc..etc.. may cause the issue.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.