Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to create new custom fields/custom fields have vanished

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lee 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Lee
Screenshot 2019-07-10 at 10.12.46.png

I am trying to: Restore custom fields/add new custom fields

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Restored or new custom fields in the field group

Instead, I got: I changed the type of some custom fields from URL to Single Text. When saving the Field Group these fields disappeared as well as 7 other fields. I am unable to recreate these fields as the URL is still in use and when I go into the Post Field Control I can see them in there (Screenshot attached). I can reassign them to the Field Group and they display in the admin area, but when I save the Field Group they vanish again along with any new custom fields.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please tell me what field you want to keep using and to which custom field group you want to assign and what fields you want to delete?

Lee

The fields were Similar Pattern 2,3,4,5,6,7,8 and Similar Pattern URL 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. They can be seen in the Post Field Control.

The Field Group is Pattern Details.

I do not wish to delete any fields, I am trying to restore fields which keep vanishing.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please check now:
=> hidden link

I see you have created a cusotm field with name "similar-pattern-1" and and "similar-patterns-1".

For each field, you should click on the link "Change assignment" on the post field control list page and assign it to your desired custom field group:
=> hidden link

Lee

Hi Minesh,

They showed when I followed the link but when I clicked Saved Field Group, they disappeared again.

The change assignment method is what I tried last time and got the same results as you but saving removes the assignment again.

Minesh
Supporter

I need duplicator copy of your install.

Can you please send me 1:1 duplicator copy of your site:
=> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I installed the duplicator package and when I save the custom fields it just works fine.

I see you set the MaxInputVars to256. Can you please update this value to 1500 to your php.ini file or using .htaccess file.

More info:
=> hidden link

Lee

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.