Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to associate a toolset post type with a themeco header

This support ticket is created 4 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by chrisC-25 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I created a new toolset post type and I need to associate it with a header in Themeco Pro. This has worked for years. Now even with all plugin disabled except for Toolset plugs and the Themeco Child theme I cannot see the post type as an option when associating with the header.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Chris

I've just been trying this out on a test site and can confirm that post types registered with Types are no longer available when assigning the custom header after updating to the current version of Views from Views 2.9.4 where it worked. (The problem likely occurred with Views 3.0, but that needs confirming.)

I'm escalating this to my colleagues so that they can investigate further.

In the meantime you could downgrade to Views 2.9.4. (I found that the assignment made with 2.9.4 still worked in 3.0.2, even though the UI for making the assignment is missing.)

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks, what is best way to downgrade that plugin?

Even after the downgrade it still does not work. Is there a way to add code to make the association?

Nigel
Supporter

Hmm.

On my test site it works with Views 2.9.4 but not with Views 3.0.2, and I can switch back and forth between the versions and still find the same thing.

If you have activated Views 2.9.4 and it is not working, could you try to eliminate any other conflicts?

Make sure you test it with the parent theme.

Then try disabling all plugins except for Types and Views (2.9.4).

(I guess you saw already you can download prior versions from the changelog section at https://toolset.com/download/toolset-views/#changelog.)

Let me know what you find so that I can pass on any additional details to my colleagues.

Hi,

Still no luck. I have tried it with everything disabled:
except the Themeco Pro theme and Toolset Types
except the Themeco Pro theme and Toolset Types and Toolset Views
except the Themeco Child Pro theme and Toolset Types
except the Themeco Pro Child theme and Toolset Types Toolset Views

Themeco Pro version is 3.1.2

Chris

Nigel
Supporter

OK, the version I have from our compatibility team looks to be quite a bit older.

If you don't mind I can log-in to your account and get the update there, or if you prefer I can forward a request to our compatibility team and wait for them to get back to me.

If you are okay with it, I'll mark your next reply as private to get site credentials from you.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-01-16 at 16.25.40.png

What exactly is it that isn't working? Which post type?

I updated my local test site with the latest theme version and it was working correctly.

So I went back to your site.

It had Views 2.9.4 active. If I go to Pro > Headers when trying to assign a header I can see custom post types in the assignment window (screenshot).

I saw the same when I installed a copy of Views 3.0.2 and activated that, so I can't see the problem on your own site.

(I've left the duplicate Views installed, you should delete this and update the 2.9.4 version when you are ready.)

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.04.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 11.04.24 AM.png

The post type is Songwriters (slug is publishing-roster). The post name is Silverstein. I do not see either when searching. Also the header does not even render proper. The old Types created prior to all upgrades all show fine. See screen shots.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 12.52.50.png
Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 12.54.17.png

So I revisited your site with that in mind, and you are right that the Songwriters post type (or posts of that type) are not showing up in that selector.

I scrolled all the way down to the bottom, and I found that it got stuck on the A's of the Concord Album post type (screenshot).

I checked in the backend, and sure enough there are lots of other albums from later in the alphabet. So I searched for one of them "Holly and Ivy", and it doesn't find it (second screenshot).

So it looks to me like the problem is with how that selector is generated. There appears to be a limit to how many posts it is able to query, and the problem isn't that it doesn't recognise post types, the problem is just that it runs out of road.

I suggest you contact the theme authors about this.

I don't think this has anything to do with Toolset, but if they come back with some specific information that confirms it does, then do let us know and we can revisit this.

Thanks Nigel. I checked with Themeco and indeed they limit the amount of items that can be seen in the header builder. From Themeco:

To prevent the builder from slowing down or causing server issues, we have limit the display of the post type items up to 1000 items only.

I will work with them on a solution.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.