Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to add Yoast SEO title and description to CRED Form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to manage two Yoast fields with Forms, but I am unable to add them to the Form successfully.

Solution: Make sure you have saved at least one post with some value in both fields. Then you should be able manage those fields with Toolset Forms.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stefanoT-2 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: add the "Yoast SEO Title" field and the "Yoast SEO Description" field in my cred form.

I expected to see: a textfield for the SEO Title and a textarea for the SEO Description.

Instead, I got: two errors.

"There was an error with the field _yoast_wpseo_title. Check the CRED Form"
"There was an error with the field _yoast_wpseo_metadesc. Check the CRED Form"

These are the shortcodes that I use to create the fields:

[cred_field field='_yoast_wpseo_title' post='product' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='Titolo SEO']
[cred_field field='_yoast_wpseo_metadesc' post='product' value='' urlparam='' placeholder='Description SEO']

I've copied these two shortcodes from another site that I own where the two fields shows correctly.

The site where the fields work is not up-to-date, these are the plugins' versions:
Yoast: 9.1
Types: 3.0.4
CRED (Forms): 2.0.2.1

Instead, the site where the fields DO NOT work is up-to-date:
Yoast: 9.4
Types: 3.2.4
CRED (Forms): 2.2.1.1

Why is working on the "old" site but not in the new one??

Hi, have you configured these fields to be managed by Toolset Forms? See some information about that process in our documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

I tried, but I cannot find those fields. There are only two other yoast fields, "_yoast_wpseo_primary_hashtag" and "_yoast_wpseo_primary_product_cat". They are also missing in the "old" website where the fields work.

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 9.44.38 AM.png

I just ran a couple of tests locally and this seems to be working for me.
1. Are you sure you have saved at least one post in the new site with the Yoast SEO title and meta description fields populated? See the attached screenshot.

2. Are you certain the Yoast fields are not hidden by pagination on the "Manage non-Toolset Post Fields with Toolset Forms" page?

If the answer to both questions is "yes", then I'll be glad to take a closer look.

Doing "1" solved my problem, the fields appear in the "Manage non-Toolset Post Fields" page and I added them as single line for title and multiple lines for description.

I think that the fact that you need to save a custom field to make it show up in the "Manage non-Toolset Post Fields" page should be written somewhere in the documentation, or maybe it has already been done and I missed it.

Thanks for the support!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.