Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Unable to add repeatable field group in frontend edit form

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user wanted to add the repeatable field groups to their frontend forms.

Solution:

Unfortunately, you're not able to add these to an edit form. You will need to create a complete separate form for the RFG fields.

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sasank 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I have a company listing page where each company can have multiple locations, for which I have a repeatable field group with city, country and address fields. When I was trying to create a CRED form for frontend editing for user, I am unable to get fields from the repeatable field group.

How do I add fields repeatable field group to CRED post edit form?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Sasan,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately, you're not able to add these to an edit form. You will need to create a complete separate form for the RFG fields.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane, I checked, but I am not getting the RFG fields in "Add post fields" list even for a new form!
Incase if I get a new form for it how do I connect both? I see there is no multi-step feature yet for toolset forms

Figured it out.

Thanks for pointing me towards right direction

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.