Skip Navigation

[Closed] unable to activate views, and other plugins are deactivating themselves

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sure. Let me just mark this as awaiting your reply so it isn't sitting in my queue.

ok, that's done. i had to clone it all over again because it was in a redirect loop for some reason. maybe the clone was bad before because it seems to be running a little better this time. deactivated toolset plugins.

I was working on the non-dev site and it seemed to be behaving a lot better - no idea why (just in general - i was not using toolset).

I think what would really help, if you're looking at the cloned site, is to know if there is any configuration issue or anything with the way i've installed toolset modules that needs correcting.

the reason i wanted to use blocks is to create an image carousel. but I can do that without blocks if necessary. just need to get know which way to go.

thank you!

Hi, is it possible to get an eta on this ticket? thank you.

Nigel
Supporter

Screenshot 2020-06-03 at 09.36.20.png

I added Query Monitor plugin to help with debugging and also enabled debug mode in wp-config.php, and I immediately noticed some PHP warnings coming from the Featured Image in RSS plugin which was also generating quite a few queries, so I disabled that.

The backend seemed reasonably responsive, this before activating Toolset plugins, although Query Monitor reports some slow queries routinely on the admin pages (see screenshot).

This looks to be an older site that has evolved, with quite a few plugins, and it seems that the wp_options table and the wp_postmeta tables are likely pretty big by now (I don't have DB access to look), causing those slow queries. There may be redundant data that could be cleaned out. (I'm not sure how helpful WP database cleaner plugins are in such cases because they won't know what it is safe/not safe to remove, without manual intervention.)

Anyway, I activate Types and Blocks, and there didn't appear to be any significant change in the responsiveness of the backend.

So I intended to create a page and add a View block and create a slider to see how well that worked.

I first disabled the Toolset plugins again so that I could get some benchmarks for what adding a page was like without using Toolset, and then I went further and decided to test disabling the Fusion plugins to get a sense of how much overhead they were adding to the page.

But when I went to re-activate the Fusion plugins the site hung. I used FTP to rename the plugin folders so they would be inactive, but I can't regain access, the server needs restarting.

This generated a huge debug.log file, relating to a request from Fusion builder to set an option in wp_options bigger than the database is able to handle. I've uploaded the debug.log file here so you can access it easily: hidden link

I think you should discuss this with your hosting company to see whether they recommend changing your server configuration, or whether they think the problem lies with the Fusion plugins.

i think i've reset the server. i don't think the hosting company will have any answers at all but i can take a look at some of the things you mentioned if you don't think it's worth testing anything else at this point.

Nigel
Supporter

If you check the debug.log there is a very specific message about the server settings that would need changing because of the options Fusion builder is trying to insert.

I'm sure your host would have more information or an opinion about that....

The topic ‘[Closed] unable to activate views, and other plugins are deactivating themselves’ is closed to new replies.