Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types/Views plugin activation adds carats to my menu

This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Author
toolset_menu_carat_issue.JPG

I had issues with my site breaking when I activated the Layouts and Divi Integration plugins and your support suggested I only activate the Types and Views plugins for what I wanted to do.

When I activated these 2 plugins, a "down" carat was added to my navigation menu for those that had dropdowns. (see screenshot).

I need to remove those carats.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

It looks like there is CSS conflict. It comes from your divi theme's style.css file.
=> hidden link

If comes from following class.

/* Dropdown Arrows */
#top-menu .menu-item-has-children > a:first-child:after,
#et-secondary-nav .menu-item-has-children > a:first-child:after {
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	right: 0;
	font-family: "ETmodules";
	font-size: 16px;
	font-weight: 800;
	content: "3";
}

Could you please try to replace above class with following class:

/* Dropdown Arrows */
#top-menu .menu-item-has-children > a:first-child:after,
#et-secondary-nav .menu-item-has-children > a:first-child:after {
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	right: 0;
	font-family: "ETmodules";
	font-size: 16px;
	font-weight: 800;
/*	content: "3";  */
}

Hi, Minesh...

Thank you for your css suggestion to remove the dropdown arrows from my navigation. Unfortunately it did not work. I have sent a support ticket to my Divi theme developer so they can give me the correct css.

However, your plugin added something to my Divi theme that caused the dropdown arrow, and also a background hover color, to appear on my navigation. Items not part of my layout before activating your plugin. So it is something you need to look into, I believe.

I will find a fix on my own, and will post my findings here for other Divi users who may have the same issue. I hope your development team will look into the issue as well. Bottom line, this should not happen.

Thanks for your time.

For other Divi theme users who may have the same issue of the Toolset Types or Toolset Views plugin adding dropdown arrows and hover background color to your navigation, here is the css to correct it that was given to me by the Elegant Themes support forum...and it works.

#top-menu-nav > ul > li > a:hover {
background-color: transparent !important;
}
#top-menu-nav > ul > li > a::after {
display: none !important;
}

This will not remove any dropdown arrows or background hover color on the submenu...which I wanted to remain.

Hope this may help another!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.