[Closed] Types shortcode breaks after WordPress 4.2.3 autoupgrade

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.65 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 55 replies, has 28 voices.

Last updated by thomasS-11 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author
<div class="image-wrapper" style="background-image: url('[types field="background-image" size="full" output="raw"][/types]');"></div>

The [types] shortcode is not parsed after updating the site to WordPress 4.2.3

I'm having the same problem

Same here

DO SOMETHING!

How can this happen! Im runnning 10+ critical websites on Toolset, they are all messed up.
So fix this fast!

Here is a quick & dirt workarround:

copy a shortcodes.php from a wp 4.2.2 version to /wp-includes/

The older version of shortcodes.php workd fine to me...

Just finished a project early last night and emailed the clients. After WordPress automatically updated to 4.2.3, everything is broken. Shortcodes aren't being parsed, so images, URLs and so on are broken.

Me too, I downgraded my wordpress to 4.2.2

The probleme is the shortcodes.php who break View plugin.

This is ridiculous!!

It appears that the problem is with the WordPress update, not ToolSet. For folks who are freaking out, hurling angry demands and abuse at OnTheGoSystems is completely uncalled for.

same problem here

However I'll change to ACF.
The Toolset guys should have noticed this when working with the preview version of 4.2.3 -
not matter which side is responsible for this mess.

swap in the old shortcodes.php works well. quick fix.

I uploaded it here:
hidden link

Good luck everyone!

And no reaction in paid support forums after 2hours

The topic ‘[Closed] Types shortcode breaks after WordPress 4.2.3 autoupgrade’ is closed to new replies.