Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types relationships disappears when updating post!! Bug! (wpml installed)

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When you update a Child or Parent Post, it looses the connectiosn to the respective Child or Parent Posts.

Solution:
This is solved temporarily in Types 2.2.1, and any subsequent version.
It will be resolved "for good" in a future Types Release where a full rewamp of the "Parent/Child Relationship" approach will be implemented.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 34 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by davideS 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
Schermata 2016-06-22 alle 12.07.04.png

I am trying to: create parent/children and many to many post relationships

When I update a post I immediately can see all relationships are lost. But it's strange it seems to be not always the same. But anyway the problem is with post relationships and mainly during updating/publishing post I think.
I see other people on the forum here are experiencing the same problem! I'm quite sure there's a bug in types latest version or maybe in wpml, I don't know.
Here I have installed:
- Toolset Types 2.1
- WPML Multilingual CMS 3.4.1
- WPML String Translation 2.3.9
- WPML Translation Management 2.2.1
- WPML Media 2.1.22

Please help me asap, I should have gone in production with this site today and I can't present a site that doesn't function!
Thanks,
D.

Hi everybody, quick and IMPORTANT update here!
I realized the problem is caused by WPML MEDIA plugin (version 2.1.22).
If I deactivate it then all issues magically disappears.

But...I need WPML media in this site...so?
What can I do?
Can you help me?
Do I have to post to wpml support forum?!
Thx

Yes.

It's a known bug.

I see you have also reported this to WPML.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-media-2-1-22-here-causes-huge-problems-with-types-posts-relationships/

I am informing the DEV of this your Ticket, they already have a Hotfix, but I am not sure if I can share it with you.

Please await the 2nd Tier's decision.

Thanks. Yes it's me on WPML support forum. As soon as I understood the problem is caused by WPML Media I thought I could be a good idea to post there also because I bought WPML for life while I'm not Toolset owner (I actually use wp-types only).

I'm waiting for good news here or there... 🙂

After hours of waiting I received a stupid reply on WPML forum asking me access to my website when everybody here knows there's a simple BUG on WPML MEDIA.
UNBELIEVABLE.
Can you help me?!
We just need a new decent version of WPML Media or at least a quick fix.

The request and questions of Denise aren't so stupid, actually.

To be honest, after a few hours observing the Debug process on the known issue, I am unfortunately tempted to ask the same.

See, we do have a BUG in WPML/Types with the exact behavior you describe.

I can NOT yet provide a hotfix, for public usage, this is due to internal tests we need to run first.

Also, as now is relatively clear on the Debug process, WPML MEDIA is not directly involved.

It requires only WPML and Types, and it seems to not relate to WPML MEDIA.

It is very possible we deal with a second BUG here, and if that's the case, of course I need to apologise, as it was not known by that time to me, but I still woudl have wasted your time.

So, to expedite, yes, we need Access, or, if you can wait, we can try to reproduce this specifc case, which i already asked our Testers to do. while testing the known Bug.

You can help us by:

1. Providing Access + Steps
or
2. Providing a sites snapshot if possible.
We usually recommend the free Plugin "Duplicator" for this porpoise.

If you already know how Duplicator works
(http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/),
please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and the zipped package you downloaded.

★ Duplicator Instructions
hidden link
Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

❌ IMPORTANT ❌
Remember to create or keep an admin account for me before creating the snapshot, or I won't be able to login. You may delete the new admin account once the snapshot has been built.

I will enable your next answer as private so you can provide me the information securely.

3. The Details Denise requested can help greatly to tell if it's the same bug, or another.

I apologize, this issue is still very new, and we need to be sure, no other issue is present.

I already explained everything and I think this case is very to replicate.
-Install Toolset Types 2.1
-Install WPML Multilingual CMS 3.4.1
- Install WPML String Translation 2.3.9
- Install WPML Translation Management 2.2.1
- Create some custom posts.
- Create some relationships (father/child) between custom posts (I have "normal" relationships and also many-to-many but the issues affect both kind of relationships)
- Install WPML Media 2.1.22
- Edit a post and its relationships
- Click Update on the edited post
- Now you see issues on relationships
- ...NO?

Please, could you just try?

As I already wrote, with WPML Media deactivated I have no issues.
(And obviuosly this is the reason why Wpml Media is deactivated in my debug I attached to support forum request in wpml support forum.)

Unfortunately my website actually is in local server and I can't give you access and I hope you don't need it.

I'm waiting for news.

Hi,

I prepared duplicator zip and php (with new admin user for you).
Have everything ready here.
So...how can I send this to you?
Please let me know asap, I'm leaving in minutes here.
Sorry and thanks!

Do you suggest me to continue to write also to wpml forum or here only or only to wpml forum maybe???

Thanks.

Please use the private reply I activated

I'm off shift, but my colleagues are informed.

Close the WPML ticket, no need to double the information.

Please use Dropbox or google drive to share the Zips with us.

Thanks a lot.

FYI
We can NOT replicate this according your instructions.

So it MUST be a case happening only in certain installs.

The duplicator will be very helpful now.

Thank you

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Beda is on holiday. He will get back to you as soon as he will be back on Sunday.

Our 2nd Tier tested the propesed FIX against your package and could see the problem resolved.

Please stand by - I requested the possibility to ship you either a hotfix or to publish an errata as soon as possible (both can not happen previous to tomorrow Monday, as our DEV teams are in Weekend Break)

Thank you for your patience

Thanks!
I'm waiting for news... Hope to hear from you soon.
D.

BTW I have a question: how can I achieve to automatically have the same featured image in main language posts and translated (other languages) posts?

I know it could be possibile with WPML Media but maybe it's possible also without... Do you know other solutions?

This could be very helpful actually!

THANKS!

Please open a new ticket for that question.
It's not related to this Issue here, and we need to not mix up the Threads, this will be useful when searching for results in the Support Forums.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.