Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types causing plugin list to not load fully

This support ticket is created 4 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to: view list of plugins

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got: a list that stops at Types

Version 3.3.5 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site
This plugin failed to load properly and is paused during recovery mode.

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 423 of the file /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-wp-installer.php:423 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(288): WP_Installer->plugins_action_links_registered('<') #1 /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-includes/plugin.php(208): WP_Hook->apply_filters('<', Array) #2 /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-plugins-list-table.php(760): apply_filters('plugin_action_l...', '<', 'types/wpcf.php', Array, 'all') #3 /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-plugins-list-table.php(574): WP_Plugins_List_Table->single_row(Array) #4 /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1244): WP_Plugins_List_Table->display_rows() #5 /var/www/html/in/indulgencechocolatiers.com/dev/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php(1175): WP_L

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Chris

Could you try deleting the Types plugin and then manually uploading the current zip file for Types which you can get from toolset.com/account/downloads.

I can understand that error, but not why it is occurring on your site rather than everyone's using Types 3.3.5.

If that doesn't help, can you double-check the requirements on this page, especially the eval and mbstring extensions: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

Let me know how you get on.

This did not help. Still not able to see the whole list of plugins -- it stops right before Types.

It doesn't however seem to keep types from actually working.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Can I get a copy of your site to install locally to see if I see the same problem and can debug further from there?

hidden link

You can paste a link to a duplicate on dropbox or similar here, such links are only visible to you and to us.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Chris,

Thanks for writing back and sharing the duplicator package.

Nigel is on vacation and will be back on Monday, so I'll be following up on this ticket.

During troubleshooting on your website's clone, I noticed that the issue originates from the "WP Editor" plugin. Specifically, it's "Replace Default Plugin Edit Links:" option, when turned on, conflicts with the default WordPress plugin management screen.

Screenshot: hidden link

If you'll turn WordPress debugging on ( ref: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ ) and check the plugin screen, you'll see a lot more warnings and notices it produces for other plugins too.

Screenshot: hidden link

That plugin hasn't been updated for about 3 years and I'll recommend to report this issue to the plugin author for a fix or replace it with a different plugin which is more actively maintained.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.