Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types and Views Plugins Won’t Update – Elegant Themes subscription

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that the user is being told that they need a valid elegant theme subscription in order to update their toolset plugins.

Solution:

This seems to have been a conflict between toolset and elegant themes. What I recommend that you do is to perform a manual update of the plugins by going to our toolset downloads page and downloading and uploading the plugin manually.

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by peterR-3 5 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
toolset_update_error_screenshot.png

I'm trying to update the Types and Views plugins on my site. When I try, I get the following error for both:

"An error occurred while updating Toolset Types: Before you can receive product updates, you must first authenticate your Elegant Themes subscription. To do this, you need to enter both your Elegant Themes Username and your Elegant Themes API Key into the Updates Tab in your theme and plugin settings. To locate your API Key, log in to your Elegant Themes account and navigate to the Account > API Key page. Learn more here. If you still get this message, please make sure that your Username and API Key have been entered correctly"

My Divi subscription/API is working properly.

I got this error on another site, but after completing all plugin/theme updates, I was then able to complete the Toolset updates. For some reason though on this site, the errors persist.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

There seems to be some conflict of sort.

Would you mind providing me with access to the site so that I can check on this for you ?

The private fields have been enabled.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

Would it be possible to temporarily switch the theme ? I know this one is a live site.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Shane

toolset_update_error_screenshot_4.png
toolset_update_error_screenshot_3.png

I briefly switched to the theme Twenty Seventeen, cleared all caches with W3 Total Cache, then attempted to update the Toolset plugins again. I got the same errors again.

I then also removed 2 Elegant Theme plugins, Bloom and Monarch, and then attempted the update again. The error changed to "Update package not available" as seen in toolset_update_error_screenshot_3.png.

I then attempted to update the plugins via the Commercial section of the Add Plugins area. I got a similar error to that above "Update package not available" as seen in toolset_update_error_screenshot_4.png

I've now returned to my Divi-child theme and re-activated Bloom and Monarch. The original error has of course returned.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Peter,

I see, could you manually download the update package from the link below and upload it using FTP ?

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/
Thanks,
Shane

Uploading the plugin files manually via ftp seems to have worked. Of course whatever was causing the problem isn't necessarily fixed, especially seeing as the errors appeared on more than one site. Hopefully I don't experience the same issue next time there is a Toolset update.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.