Skip Navigation

[Resolved] TYPES 2.2.2 UPDATE BREAKS ALL POST EDITING! PLUGIN FIX URGENTLY NEEDED

This support ticket is created 7 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by patrickM-3 7 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Tia.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 1.19.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 1.20.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 1.20.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 1.20.59 PM.png

Cannot update any page or post. Visual editor or text editor. Getting console log errors since updating to Types 2.2.2

Cannot find download link for 2.2.1 version.

Tia

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. I am happy to help you with this.

Please update to the latest CRED and Views as well:

Toolset CRED 1.8 (current version: 1.8.1)
Toolset Views 2.2 (current version: 2.2.1)

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Please let me know your results.

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 2.10.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 2.11.01 PM.png

No such updates available for CRED. Views is at v2.2 see screenshots of Types installer & Plugins page.

If these updates must be done together, you need to make sure that they are released together!

I downgraded Types to v2.2.1 by copying the types directory from a site that was still at v2.2.1 & all errors have gone away.

Tia

We did release new versions together today. The hosting end on your website may have not caught up with all the pings yet.

What you can do is install manually or wait for the notification. It shouldn't take much longer. Maybe another 24 hours at the most.

Manual Installation:

** IMPORTANT ** Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

1. Deactivate the existing Toolset plugins and add-ons.

2. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete data. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

3. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

4. Activate Toolset plugins.

See: Updating Toolset manually
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install/

I have the exact same issue on over 20 websites now. Thankful that I did not update all of them. None of them show any new updates for Views.

Yip broke my Custom Post Type Single Post Editing.....downgraded to 2.2.1 and now working again. Not cool.....

Just to add to what I experienced. All my Taxonomies weren't showing their entered values on the Post Edit Page and I wasn't able to edit my Yoast SEO settings for an individual Custom Post Type. If that helps.

I won't be able to upgrade the Types plugin until that is sorted.

patrickM-3 and jimH-3 . Is it safe to upgrade to 2.2.2 Types plugin yet? Still running the 2.2.1 version I rolled back to?

Sorry for the delay! I needed to make sure this worked before disrupting live sites.

I can confirm that the update has fixed the issue. If you upgrade the types plugin, be sure that you also update the views plugin at the same time.

The only reason I ran into this issue is because, for some reason, I received notification of the Types plugin about 6 hours before receiving the notification for the Views plugin. I updated only the Types plugin and that caused the issues. Updating both the Types and Views plugins at the same time does not cause this problem.

At this time, the update notifications for both plugins have fully propagated, so no one else should notice this at all.

I would ask that WP-Types folks add a step to the installation script that checks for dependencies like this and prevents the update until all updates are available.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.