Skip Navigation

[Closed] Types incorrectly renames media files with Cyrillic names

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 8 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by yuri.s 8 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: yuri.s.

Author
12.png

I found a bug in the plugin Types. When I upload files in a media library, plugin them renames. But the plugin does not see Cyrillic characters. I need a setting that disables file renaming. I use this plugin: Media File Renamer.

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

I have reproduce the issue, I just need your confirmation I am using the right steps:

1. Upload a Image via Dashboard > Media > Add New that has a Cyrillic Title/Name
2. This works great as long Types is NOT active
3. If you repeat step 1. with Types ACTIVE; the uploaded fiel has a similar to the below URL:
hidden link

If this is the correct way to reproduce the issue, please can you confirm it?

I already escalated the issue to the DEV Team.

For now, the only solution is to deactivate Types, upload all images, and then reactivate Types.

This works around this problem.

Please could you confirm me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, everything is exactly as you describe.

Hi Oleg, Beda escalated this issue to me.

I've found the source of this issue and it has been added to our tracking system so that our Types development team can resolve it. As soon as I have any news I'll let you know.

Regards,
Yuri.

Hi Oleg, I've got an update form our developers and this issue will be corrected in our next release. I can't pinpoint the exact date but as soon as it's out I'll let you know.

Regards,
Yuri.

Hi Yuri, I would like to know which way you fix it. Would it be possible to completely disable file renaming? I use this for other plugin.

Hi Oleg, the change that was done involves a bit more testing from our part since it is part of our common libraries (classes that span Views/Types/CRED/Layout/Access). If I send you these files there is a probability that it might break certain features in your site. We can only release this with thorough testing from our QA department.

What I can do is instruct you how to completely remove the filter that manipulates the uploaded filename. Take notice that this will affect every form created with Toolset that deals with file uploading.

The file you need to change is located at [WORDPRESS_ROOT]/wp-content/plugins/types/embedded/common/toolset-forms/bootstrap.php
On line 47 there should be an "add_filter" instruction that hooks into the "sanitize_file_name" function.
Just comment this line and you should be able to upload the files and their names will not be changed.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Yuri.

The topic ‘[Closed] Types incorrectly renames media files with Cyrillic names’ is closed to new replies.