Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Type Fields cache?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author

I am trying to: Add a field to a types field group
I expected to see: The field added to the group

Instead, I got: Slug already exists

I had installed the Flexslider module, and got it working fine.
I had added a field to the slide CPT (for setting the order)

Today, I updated the module.. and the update deleted my added field. This is fine, and I expected the content to be deleted/overwritten.

However, now I cannot re-add the field using the same name/slug after the update because something within the database thinks that the field still exists.

I went in and deleted all types views, content templates, field groups and modules related to the Flexslider module-- including manually deleting the CPTs from the database. After deleting, I had a look in the database, and there ARE references to the CPT and custom field in the options table. Is there any way to delete ALL references after deleting Types content?

Dear Thorworx,

If you need re-setup the custom fields, please delete those fields here:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Post Fields,
Click button "Post Field Control", delete those specific custom fields, and test again.

Thank you.. for some reason that button was not loading in my admin. All set now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.