Skip Navigation

[Closed] Trying to reference a field from wordpress blogpost parent has keyword conflict

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I've been pulling my hair out trying to deal with referencing normal wordpress blog posts. [wpv-post-title $id='$post'] for instance should show the parent title, but the '$post' keyword seems to also refer to the CURRENT post you're viewing, which makes it impossible to reference the actual parent blog post.

Is there a workaround for this issue?

To be clear (as I can't seem to edit the original post) - I have a custom post type, of which the parent is a wordpress blogpost. I can't seem to reference any fields from the wordpress blog post.

Please try this: [wpv-post-title $id='$parent']

Hey Adriano,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but it defaults to another parent that's not a blog post.

Thanks,
Matt

You added a $, please try like this:

[wpv-post-title id="$post"]

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other related question.

The topic ‘[Closed] Trying to reference a field from wordpress blogpost parent has keyword conflict’ is closed to new replies.