Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Trying to display my fields correctly like the example I have pasted.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I need to create a template for a cusotm post type and a custom search WordPress Archive for that custom post type. I'm using Avada.

Solution: Create a new Content Template and assign it to the single post display of your custom post type. You can use the Fusion Builder to design this Content Template. Create a new WordPress Archive and assign it to the custom post type. Use the Search and Pagination panel to insert a text search filter and a submit button. Use the Loop Wizard to start a template, then use Fusion Builder to edit that template.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by GeorgeA9382 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to make a custom type post to look like this -> hidden link

An also I am trying to make an archive page to look like this -> hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have just purchased the toolset plugin, I have installed it and watched your online videos.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
For custom type post -> hidden link
For archives page -> hidden link

I have created custom post type "Measures" under the Fusion slider ( I have installed Avada theme). Also I have created custom fields and and then made a new item under Measures (Development of a System of Sustainable Tourism Indicators and an Online Platform ).

I need some support in order to display my Measures Item like the examples I have just send you from the links. I have some difficulties with creating the template.

I would really appreciate it if you give me some time to support me.

Kind Regards,
g.a.

Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 2.07.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 2.09.42 PM.png

Okay, I can help you create a Content Template. You can apply your own styles to match the examples you provided. I would first deactivate Toolset Layouts. Since you're using Avada's page builder, Layouts probably isn't necessary. Next, create a new Content Template for Measures posts (see the screenshot 1). Once this is created, you can use the Fusion Builder to design this Content Template (see screenshot 2). Or if you would prefer to write your own custom HTML or use the WordPress Block Editor, you can do that too.

With Fusion Builder, you can insert a Table module and use the Fields and Views button to insert custom field values. With the basic Content Template editor, you can also use the Fields and Views button to insert custom field values. If you want to use the WordPress Block Editor, you can install the early release of Toolset Blocks plugin to use Types field blocks to display custom field information. So it all depends on how you want to design your Content Template.

Hi,

thank you very much for your support.

I have managed to make the Content Template in order to show my custom fields from toolset according to your instructions ( I have used the Avada builder in order to make the template).

Could you please help me with second part of my ticket? I need some help with designing the Archives in order to make a page and showing the list of my "Measures" (custom type) and above this a search module for this "Measures".

In case I am not clear with something please inform me to rephrase my query.

Thank you very much

Kind Regards,
g.a.

Hi,

can I have some extended support in order to fix some things in my website with toolset? In case you provide payment service please let me know in order to proceed.

Kind Regards,
g.a.

Hi, sorry I am unavailable Friday and Saturday so I didn't receive your messages until today. We don't have a paid service available, but we do have a portal available where you can connect with independent contractors: https://toolset.com/contractors. You can also find developers for smaller projects at https://codeable.io/developers/toolset/.

I can help you set up a basic WordPress Archive for the Measures post type. Go to Toolset > WordPress Archives and click "Add New". Choose the Custom Post Archive for Measures, and choose "Display the items using a custom search". Then in the WordPress Archive editor, scroll down to Search and Pagination and unlock the filters area. Insert a text search filter and a submit button.

Scroll down to the Loop Output editor and click "Loop Wizard". Create an unformatted loop and add the post title, and make sure the checkbox for 'Use a Content Template to group the fields in this loop' is checked. Then you can use the Fusion Builder to edit the Content Template.

Thank you very much for you precious support. I have followed your instructions and made the Content Template. An I can see my result under Archive (Measures Archive 2).

hidden link

After I click on Measures Archive 2 I go here hidden link

I click the checked Measures icon and I have this page hidden link

How can I add the latest on my menu? Because on my menu options I see only the Views. Should I add it like custom link and then insert the url (hidden link)?

Thank you in advance.

How can I add the latest on my menu? Because on my menu options I see only the Views. Should I add it like custom link and then insert the url (hidden link)?
Yes if you want to display a link to the Measures archive in your main menu, you should create a custom link with the URL just like you have it written above. If you decide to use HTTPS for your site later, you must update the menu URL when you switch your server to HTTPS.

Hi,

one last thing. Do you know how to add fussion slider (of Avada theme) in the Content Template (hidden link) that I have created?

Kind Regards,
g.a.

Yes, you must go to wp-admin > Fusion Slider > Add Slider and create the slider first, then go to wp-admin > Fusion Slider > Add Slide to add new slides to your slider. Then in the Content Template editor, click "+ Element" and choose "Fusion Slider". You will be able to choose the Slider you just created, and insert the Slider in your template.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.