Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Trouble uploading files through post form

This support ticket is created 3 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

I have two sites running a similar user entry form with a file upload box. The original site that is using a older version of Toolset and uploads files fine. You select "choose file", browse to it and select it. A progress bar then runs and once the file is uploaded it displays a link to the file. This same form with a updated version of Toolset waits until the form is submitted to upload the file. There is no progress shown and you wait until the upload is complete and page redirects. I am also experiencing frequent upload failures on the updated site with large files. How can I implement an upload similar to the previous version of Toolset? I do not wish to use the WordPress media manager as this is a front end form for users.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I tried a simple form on a test site and I could not display the progress bar either. hidden link

Let me approach our 2nd Tier for further assistance on this and get back to you.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

I reached out to our 2nd Tier to ask about the progress bar feature and he confirms that it was removed from Toolset Forms starting from version 2.4. From that version Toolset Forms has introduced the WP Media Library to manage uploading files and images, which was a highly requested feature.

Previously, when a user provides a file or image, it could be uploaded via ajax in the background and the progress bar could be shown, or it would be uploaded at the same time the form was submitted. Now, users can use the WP Media Library for uploading files and images, and if they don’t, the file will be uploaded when the form is submitted.

If you do not want to use the WP Media Library then there is no option to upload via ajax available, the images and files will be uploaded along with the rest of the form content at the time of submission.

If they don’t want that, then you would have to persist with Forms versions prior to 2.4.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you have any questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.