Skip Navigation

[Closed] Translation WPML. How to copy content from original custom post in 2 lang?

This support ticket is created 10 years, 12 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Benoît 10 years, 12 months ago.

Author

Hi,
I've made a bilingual site using WPML. I've created a custom post with several custom fields (with types) that I've filled with the default language. I need to show that same content (without translate) it in the other language. Is there a way to copy the content of my custom posts? Or simply to show it in the default language in both version? For the wp-post the option exist but it seems that for custom post it doesn't. Make a copy/ paste of all the content would be lots of work.

Thank you

Amir
Supporter

WPML includes a 'content duplication' feature which should help you with this. I wrote about it here:
http://wpml.org/2011/12/wpml-2-4-2-beta-displays-untranslated-content/

To use this, you'll need to enable the Translation Management module.

Can you try this?

Yes, it seems to be the feature that I need but I cannot make it work. I've installed the translation management plugin (WPML Multilingual CMS 2.4.1 was already installed) and I've opened the WPML admin panel.
> select documents to display > select a custom post > check duplicate content > then "send document".
I get the error : "Please select at least one language to translate into." but spanish is selected. see screenshot : hidden link

Also, the Translate yourself section is not displayed when I edit a content (post, page or custom types).

What should I do to fix that problem?
Thank you

Amir
Supporter

You need to use this with the recent version of WPML. Currently, it's 2.4.2.

thank you. it works.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation WPML. How to copy content from original custom post in 2 lang?’ is closed to new replies.