Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Translation toolset+wpml

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Now need to change add english to my web i readed the wpml info but had some question.

First when create new translation of form, if had a script on save asociated , on save creed data, need create new script for every copy or add or in if secuence?
Using renden type function,,How do I specify which language I want?, same with creed and types fields. in creed i think that is value but no are any example how i use it. on types i dont found any clue.
Can it be specified that a certain role has a predefined language?
Define a exclusive layout for every language?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Rafael and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

First when create new translation of form, if had a script on save asociated , on save creed data, need create new script for every copy or add or in if secuence?
No need to have separate custom code for each language's form, WPML and Toolset should use the same form in all languages.

Using renden type function,,How do I specify which language I want?
I do not think there is such a feature. The language is defined by the URL/page currently visited depending on how you set up your languages' URL scheme(in folders, per domains, etc.) in WPML->Languages.
If you want to get the values in a different language, you will need to use WPML API to switch to the desired language and then use the functions as you always do. Then you switch back to the current language.
- https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_switch_language/
- https://wpml.org/wpml-hook/wpml_current_language/

Can it be specified that a certain role has a predefined language?
No. Unless you use custom code to redirect the user to a specific language based on the role.

Define a exclusive layout for every language?
Do you mean layouts from Toolset Layouts? No, WPML and Toolset should pick the layout translation. But you can implement custom code to a different layout per language. Check this example where we use a different layout based on the post's category https://toolset.com/forums/topic/different-layout-for-post-category/#post-922718

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.