Skip Navigation

[Closed] Translation of a view element

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

We created a view in a custom template and now we created the english translation of the content template: all have been translated except for the slider because the view says "items not found". We tried to edit the view within the custom template in the english version but it doesn't seem to work.
Any help on this, please?

Franco

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello Franco and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You should not edit the view on the secondary language. Views are not translated like content templates. But the strings inside of them should be translated.

I run a test on a clean install and I was able to translate the string in the translation editor, but it does not get translated on the frontend. So, I put the string inside a wpml-string shortcode, and activated autoregister strings in WPML->String Translation. The string was registered in English even though my default language is French. So, I changed the language of the string to French, translated it. And it worked. Check this screenshot hidden link
The steps to follow are:
1. Wrap the string inside the wpml-string shortcode. hidden link
2. Activate autoregister strings in String Translation. hidden link
3. Force registration of the string by visiting the post(content template) in both languages.
4. Search for the string in String Translation and change the source language. hidden link
5. Translate the string in String Translation.

Please try this and let me know if it helps.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation of a view element’ is closed to new replies.