Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Translating Views Filter with WPML

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rubenB 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 12.44.35 pm.png

Hello Support Person!

We are trying to use a Views filter to display a Types Custom Taxonomy which has been translated using WPML.

This page should show all the filters in the sidebar widget.
hidden link
It works in the default language Portuguese but not in alternative languages.

(The Classe Taxonomy works in all 3 languages as it is set not to translate)

[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<div class="taxonomy-label">Subjects:</div>[/wpml-string] 
[wpml-string context="wpv-views"][wpv-control taxonomy="subject" url_param="wpv-subject" type="checkboxes"][/wpml-string]

I have successfully translated the Taxonomy Label in the WPML String Translation,
but I couldn't find the WPV Control string anywhere.

The translated taxonomies are displaying as expected in the CRED front end form and in the view itself.

Please give me any clues what I am missing,
Cheers!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I need to check on install that if your taxonomy terms are translated in to secondary languages?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks Minesh, this is a development site and we have it backed up,
so feel free to go ahead and make changes.
However if using ftp please ensure that you are in timorlink.org/MOE directory, as timorlink.org is a live site.

****EDITED*****
This reply was not set to private, so I've removed login details

Minesh
Supporter

I've set next reply to private now.

Minesh
Supporter

screenshot-timorlink.org 2015-12-17 18-34-45.png

Could you please check now? I've translated your string into Portuguese language.

You can change the search string from:
=> WPML => String Translation => search for "Search" string [ check the exact match checkbox ]
=> Click on search button
=> Translate your search string into all secondary languages

Please refer to the attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 12.11.32 am.png

Hi, thanks for follow up,
while the necessary strings have been translated on the back end,
something else would seem to be the problem.

Please observe that while all the taxonomy translations are complete -
they do not display in the Views Filter Widget in the non-default languages.

The taxonomies are also now appearing in the site-default language in the View itself,

The attached screenshot from the English version of the library page
hidden link

Does this demonstrate better what the issue that needs solving is?

It may help identify the problem to notice that the translated taxonomies are working correctly in the CRED form - the issue just seems to be with Views/WPML cooperating together?

hidden link
(i've temporarily set that page to public)

Minesh
Supporter

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***

After reviewing your plugins page I seen that you are running with outdated WPML plugins.

1)
I would suggest to update all WPML plugins to its latest official released version first. You can find all WPML latest plugins here:
=> https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Also, Update all Toolset plugins to its latest released version. You can download it from:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2)
Try to check with minimum setup:
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3)
Try to setup widget logic or WPML widget to display language specific widget:

More Information:
=> https://wpml.org/2014/08/display-different-widgets-per-language-wpml-widgets/
=> https://wpml.org/2011/03/howto-display-different-widgets-per-language/

4)
Kindly try to contact WPML forum if you still have issues:
=> https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/

5)
If you still have issues and its not WPML issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thanks Minesh, I tried all these things - and then the WordPress update from 4.3 to 4.4 fixed it! Very happy that its working now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.