Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Translated custom field empties when I translate the original language.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_9.png

I am trying to: Change the content of a custom field, on a product page (woo commerce) in its original language (english)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (english version with edited custom field), see French version : hidden link

I expected to see: I don't understand why the french content gets deleted when I update the english version. Sometimes we will just update the english version, or sometimes just the french. I want both pages to be linked but not sync ...

Instead, I got: See screeshots

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can check on this one for you ?

The private fields have been enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Frederic,

Thank you for the credentials.

I was able to clearly see the issue at hand however i'm not sure what is causing it as it shouldn't delete the value when you've updated the translation.

What I recommend that you do is to temporarily disable the non-toolset and WPML plugins and try again.

If the issue still occurs after this then I would recommend opening a ticket with the WPML team directly as they are better equipped to debug translation issues.

https://wpml.org/forums/forum/english-support/

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.