Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Total Theme conflicts with Toolset

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by AJJ6986 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I have discovered a conflict with the Total theme (hidden link).
When Bootstrap is enabled, none of the menus on the website will show. Once you change the setting to "This site is not using Bootstrap" or only option apart from "Toolset should load Bootstrap 3.0", the menus reappear.
Configuration.
Wordpress: 3.9.1
Total Theme: 4.5.4.1
Toolset Types 2.2.21
Toolset Layouts 2.1
Toolset views 2.5.1

Total is a paid theme.

I need a fresh copy of this theme

Please upload a copy to Google Drive, and then share the link to it with me.

I will then deploy an install with it locally, and see what we can do, or if it's expected.

Thank you

I see a design difference when I use the Total Theme with or without Bootstrap. one of them is the menu (second I header) disappearing).

But from what I see this Theme has the same issue as DIVI; it is using HTML classes that Bootstrap defined.
It adds it's own style to those classes, but when Bootstrap kicks in it overwrites several of those styles.

In the menu's case it's especially the class "dropdown-menu" which is both used by Bootstrap and the Theme.

Basically, the right solution here is to not use Bootstrap because this Themes do not support it, or to re-add the CSS of the Theme, overwriting the Bootstrap CSS.

This software would conflict with any other software loading Bootstrap, and unfortunately there is not much we can change about this.

I will thou discuss this with the management as I feel we should communicate this in a better way.

Thanks for that.
Now the solution is "on the record" it will help other people who run into the same problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.