Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset with Genesis and Elementor?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Newbie here. I have the Genesis Framework. I want to get Elementor as a page builder. At the moment, I realize that Toolset doesn't support Elementor in Layouts (or is it Views...I am still trying to put this whole puzzle together).

If I get Elementor, I am confused about what my limitations might be. For instance, can I place Toolset items in sections created in Elementor?

After looking at all the page builders, I really think elementor is the choice for me. But I need the functionality of Toolset.

Anyone using Elementor that can shed some light on this for me?

Thanks.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Jon,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support. Toolset Layouts and Elementor works good when activated on same site. There was a known issue where which is fixed now and will be release in upcoming version this week or next (beta version is also available to use with this fix).

Please note that Layouts is itself a page builder so it can’t be used inside of Elementor build pages but our other plugins like Tyes, Views, CRED, Maps, etc (its features & shortcodes) all can be used inside Elementor build pages just like any other plugin so there is no known limit in the regards for Toolset plugins other than Layouts page builder.

So it is safe to use Genesis theme, Elementor and Toolset plugins all together.
Thank you

"There was a known issue where which is fixed now and will be release in upcoming version this week or next (beta version is also available to use with this fix)."

Has this been fixed?

Noman
Supporter

For now this is only fixed in beta version of Layouts v2.0.2-b1 which you can use:
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-layouts/#changelog

But the actual stable versions of Toolset is aimed to be released in the coming week. In the meantime you may use beta version.

Thank you

"Compatibility: Fixed compatibility issues between Layouts and Elementor plugin."

"Please note that Layouts is itself a page builder so it can’t be used inside of Elementor build pages.."

Can you explain the compatibility between Layouts and Elementor. What was the issue?

Is there documentation somewhere that can explain how to use with Elementor? A video would be a lifesaver. I am tackling these programs all at the same time and it is difficult to understand how the pieces fit together. I want to design my site with Elementor with the data from WP Toolset and have my clients input information on the front end with Cred.

Thanks for helping me untangle all this!

Noman
Supporter

Basically Layouts was causing duplicate content issues on the pages that are built with Elementor plugin, kind of injecting its code into the Elementor pages, which was a compatibility bug, that is fixed in beta, more details here:
https://toolset.com/errata/page-builder-content-duplicated-by-layouts-visual-editor-cell/

Video: How to use Toolset plugins with the Elementor Page Builder:
hidden link

If you have any other questions later on, please kindly open a new ticket for that. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum, I am not allowed to handle multiple issues in the same ticket as per support policy. https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

Thank you

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.