Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset View's columns turning into rows within Elementor

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 3.22.29 AM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I want to insert a toolset view which has a 4 column grid into an Elementor page, but the column width keeps defaulting to 100%. I have toolset set to load bootstrap 3. Please help me figure out what the issue is, and if I can provide any other information.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

hidden link scroll down to the blog section to see the issue.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

view-custom-css.png

Hi Mahmood,

Welcome to Toolset support and I'd be happy to assist.

This issue has been reported to the concerned team already. The grid loop styles are not properly carried over when a view is inserted on any page, other than where it was originally created.

I'm afraid, I don't have a time estimate to share at the moment, but I'll keep you updated with the progress through this ticket.

For now, a workaround can be to include the following custom CSS, in the view's "Custom CSS" field ( as shown in the attached screenshot ), to make sure that the view's results are shown in 4 columns on other pages too:

.js-wpv-loop-wrapper > .tb-grid {
    grid-template-columns: minmax(0, 0.25fr) minmax(0, 0.25fr) minmax(0, 0.25fr) minmax(0, 0.25fr);
    grid-auto-flow: row;
}

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hello Waqar,

Thank you for the clarification. Good to know that this issue is not from my end. I hope this issue will be fixed soon, do notify me when it is fixed. For now I will use the custom css you have given. I have just started using toolset recently so I wanted to clarify, will the custom css get applied only to this view or as a global setting for .js-wpv-loop-wrapper > .tb-grid ?

Also, you mentioned that this issue occurs when the view is inserted into any page other than the one it was originally created in. However, when I inserted the view into a different page using the gutenberg block editor, I don't have this issue. Please check out the instance of the same view on hidden link . The 4 column grid is preserved, even though the view was created elsewhere. I have no complaints that it works, just thought you might like to know.

Best,
Mahmood

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Mahmood,

Thanks for writing back and sharing your observation.

Is it possible that you've clicked the button “Edit Original view” or “Edit Copy” after inserting the view on a different page and then saved the page?
( screenshot: hidden link )

My tests show that the grid styles are loaded correctly if any of those buttons is used on the new page.

regards,
Waqar

Yes! I did click on "Edit original" after inserting it. I suppose it helps that the option appears in the Gutenberg Editor. The same options do not show up when I insert it into Elementor. However, your solution worked, with the custom CSS. So thank you so much for your help. Hope the issue is permanently resolved soon.

Best,
Mahmood

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Mahmood,

I'd like to update you that the issue involving the grid loop styles when a view is inserted on any other page, has been fixed in the Toolset Blocks 1.3.3 / Views 3.3.3.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.