Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset views and new blocks updates

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

In my previous ticket "toolset blocks" you said to better keep using toolset views since all new toolset blocks new features would also be integrated in toolset views.

Now i read that all new toolset blocks new features will not be included in toolset views??

I use divi as my main builder on my website and my clients product database is made with toolset (views)

What is true now?

Second questions; my client wants a dynamic photo gallery (some products have 0 extra photos and some have 4 extra photos to display) on his single product pages and it looks quite complicated to add it with toolset views on my already configured single product page in gutenberg. So what is best practise?
I see that views has a gallery block available but that does not seam dynamic

Hello,

Q1) Yes, you are right:
all new toolset blocks new features will not be included in toolset views

Toolset Views is in maintenance status, and Toolset Blocks plugin is advanced version of Toolset Views plugin, and you can also use Toolset Blocks plugin in your existed websites, for example:
1) Backup your website
2) Deactivate Views plugin, activate Blocks plugin
3) Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General
in section "Editing experience", enable option:
Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build

Q2) In the latest version of Blocks plugin, we have introduced the new gallery block, you can follow our document to setup the gallery block:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/custom-content/create-image-galleries-using-toolset-and-custom-fields/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.