Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Views and MapPress

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by bennieT 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Adriano.

Author

Hello,

My answer refers to a previous thread who was marked as "resolved".
Link to the previous thread explaining my problem :
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filter-list-agencies-and-generate-a-list-of-points-on-google-maps/

My new remarks on your last post :
This is working but, it's not working when the map is set as "Mashup" in order to agregate all the points in a single map . The problem is the same as MapPress.
I found in the support forum of the plugin a thread that propose a solution based on a shortcode to put in the function.php. This code has been made by the author and the Toolset team. I integrated this peace of code in my function file but it doesn't work for me. It seems that it is incomplete. Can you help me to correct this ? I think it will do perfectly the job in my case.

Link to the forum thread : (the piece of code is in the last post)
hidden link

Thanks.

Dear Stephane,

After adding the code to functions.php in your theme, you need to replace your shortcode with:

[wpv-post-mashup width="98%" height="300" adaptive="true"]

What do you get when you put this shortcode? do you see the map at all?

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi CaridadZ,

Yes I see a map. But it displays the point of the active post and not the points of the result list filtered by the taxonomies. The "Views" is inserted by a shortcode in a single-agengy.php page designed to display the detail of an agency. The filters and the map are a sort of search engine to refine the list of the whole agencies. Do you have an other idea ?

Dear Stephane,

I'm Adriano and I will handle this issue now. I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.
Thanks.

Dear Stephane,

In your shortcode, try adding some debugging information to find out more information:

add_shortcode('wpv-post-mashup', 'views_mashup');
function views_mashup($atts) {
  global $WP_Views, $mappress;
var_dump($WP_Views->post_query->query_vars);
  $atts['query'] = $WP_Views->post_query->query_vars;
  return $mappress->shortcode_mashup($atts);
}

Regards,
Caridad

screen1.png

The result is "NULL". See screen capture above the map.

Dear Stephane,

Please let me see the code that you are using in the funcions.php and the shortcode call.

Adriano,

You have full access to the whole files (through FTP access) and I have set for you an admin account for the site. I sent you an email Friday.

Regards

I use the code found in mapress forum, updated by Caridadz in this thread.

In the function.php :

add_shortcode('wpv-post-mashup', 'views_mashup');
function views_mashup($atts) {
global $WP_Views, $mappress;
var_dump($WP_Views->post_query->query_vars);
$atts['query'] = $WP_Views->post_query->query_vars;
return $mappress->shortcode_mashup($atts);
}

In my template :

echo do_shortcode('[wpv-post-mashup width="98%" height="300" adaptive="true"]');
echo do_shortcode('[wpv-view id="4181"]');

Dear Stephane,

Yes, I have the credentials and I will check it. Back soon.

Dear Stephane,

I think that I found the solution, but I need a administrator access to write files (functions.php). Can you change my profile type?

Dear Adriano,

I provided you an admin account for the site and the access by FTP to all files.
You can therefore modify the function.php

Sincerely,

Dear Stephane,

Please try to put the map's shortcode inside of the View and let me know the feedback.

Adriano,

I had tried this solution, without succes. But now it's working. Have you modified the code in the function.php ?
You can view the result on the dev site.

Sincerely.

Dear Stephane,

Great good to see, I don't did anything so. Now you should remove the var_dump line. Is there any other question that I might help you?