Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Types seems to be corrupt – Sorry, you are not allowed to access this pa

This support ticket is created 3 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
admin-menu.jpg
Sorry-error.jpg
toolset-dashboard.jpg

BACKGROUND: I have built over 110 sites in TOOLSET. I love it. However I am an old school user. I love your "legacy" products like Views and Layouts. I use them with your old TOOLSET Starter Theme and do every site like that. I am not liking Blocks very much but i guess I will have to learn to switch over if I can find a theme framework that allows me to start from scratch.

On my most recent site I decided to go with Astra Theme. It didn't work at all like I was hoping so I reverted back to TOOLSET Starter.

The site is developed and working fine on the front end... however I have noticed some very peculiar oddities in the admin area. Under the TOOLSET admin bar, it is missing the Custom Post Types link and also the Taxonomies link.

If I go to the TOOLSET DASHBOARD I can see some of the Custom Post Types that I imported using the Module Manager and also from a custom import... but I cannot edit them.

I have tried everything that I can think of to correct the situation.

I have:
1) Changed DB prefix to all lower case
2) Disables all plugins and even deleted the Types and View and Layouts Plugins and reloaded them with a 2021 WORDPRESS DEAFULT theme
3) Created new Administrators via PHPmyadmin and deleted all other Administrators
4) Swithced PHP versions.
etc...

Nothing seems to work. I don't know what else to do. I have more CPTs to add and this is preventing me from moving forward.

View-issue.jpg

I also noticed that I an unable to create new views. I tried this solution https://toolset.com/forums/topic/you-do-not-have-permissions-for-that-with-toolset-views/ and it worked last week, but now the problem is back and that solution doesn't work. I get the error.... "You do not have permissions for that."

Disregard the 2nd part. i can now create a new View. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/you-do-not-have-permissions-for-that-with-toolset-views/ did work

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Based on the information you've shared, it seems like default WordPress user roles and capabilities have been modified on the website.

In your website's debug info, I see that you have the "User Role Editor" plugin on the website, which could have been used for that.
(I don't see the Toolset Access plugin in the list)

That plugin could have added some permanent changes which are not reverted, even when it is deactivated, so I'll recommend consulting it's official support and documentation, to see if it offers some option to revert to default WordPress user roles and capabilities.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

Yes, that seemed to be the problem. I didn't have TOOSLET ACCESS installed and somehow the Administrator Roles and Capabilities must've somehow gotten corrupted.

I suspected that in the beginning, so one of my troubleshooting steps was to install the plugins "Reset Roles and Capabilities" and "User Role Editor" and try to view and reset all roles.

It's just a guess but I think maybe the Sprout Invoicing plugin creates a role called "admin" instead of "administrator" and that may have been the initial cause.

Adding the TOOLSET ACCESS plugin seemed to resolve everything and it is now working as expected.

Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.