Skip Navigation

[Closed] Toolset Types Plug-in

This support ticket is created 3 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.10 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to get a history of my podcast episodes to show up properly in a grid view.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I was watching a video that showed a solution to what I wanted to do. It was the factor that led me to getting Toolset. In the video it shows to click on Toolset>Post Types>Pages and activate the Categories and Taxonomies. Once that is done the categories and taxonomies appear in the pages menu. I do have the post types plug-in installed and active.

I followed the steps and I don't get the categories and taxonomies appearing which is causing a huge problem to properly show the final output as demonstrated in the video. I don't have the page option for the second step as shown in the video where it shows to go to Toolset>Views>Content Selection and choose Page.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The only thing I provide is the link to the video I was watching.
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
My site is currently in development. I have the basic structure and the front page built. I have a button for people to click on to see all of our past episodes. I need a page for the button to link to. I would like for them to click the button and see a grid layout of all the episodes.

Hello, I'll be glad to help figure this out.
I do have the post types plug-in installed and active.
Are you saying you have the Toolset Types plugin installed and active, or are you saying you also have another 3rd-party post types plugin installed and active? I'm not clear from your description which is the case.

I don't have the page option for the second step as shown in the video where it shows to go to Toolset>Views>Content Selection and choose Page.
Normally the Page post type would be available for Views in a standard site setup. If it is not available, that could indicate the Page post type has been manipulated by a 3rd-party plugin or by code in your site's theme files. Can you run a quick troubleshooting test?
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Toolset Types and Toolset Views (or Toolset Blocks). Temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty. Temporarily deactivate all custom code snippets in Toolset > Settings > Custom Code tab.
- Try to create another View.
- If the Pages post type is available in Content Selection, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one, testing each time, until the problem returns. Let me know what you find out from this test.
- If the Pages post type is not available in Content Selection, I'll need to take a closer look. Please be sure your WordPress and Toolset plugins are all up-to-date.

I'm trying to get a history of my podcast episodes to show up properly in a grid view... I would like for them to click the button and see a grid layout of all the episodes.
Do you have a separate post type for Podcast Episodes, or are your podcast episodes simply displayed one per Page? If they are displayed one per Page, do you plan to have any Pages that are not related to Podcast Episodes?

Sorry for the confusion. I have the Toolset Types plug-in installed and active.

I don't have any custom code on the site. I'm trying to stay away from that. I'll check for the conflicts with other plug-ins and the theme.

The only thing I have done with the podcast episodes is set up creating custom post types. I found the tutorial on the Toolset site and followed the instructions. Here is the link https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1647611-1586541/
The episodes do not have their own page.

The plan for the site is large and complex sounding. We do have plans to have pages not related to our episodes.
-We want pages that are similar to any other informational type site. Home, about, contact, and a media kit.
-Then have a member/community section where listeners can sign up and interact. Much like a facebook community. They can also post their own stories like a community blog in designated groups.
-There would also be a place where we could sell our merchandise. We have lots of different items that are custom made to our specifications.
-Finally, there is the LMS. We haven't installed this yet, but we want our courses to be available on the site as well. We currently have one course available on another platform, but our current plans are for six courses.

Right now we are spread out with a community on one platform, LMS on another, and our site with products that do not import well from our manufacturers. We want to pull everything into a single platform for simplicity and ease of use for our listeners and us.

The only thing I have done with the podcast episodes is set up creating custom post types. I found the tutorial on the Toolset site and followed the instructions. Here is the link https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1647611-1586541/
The episodes do not have their own page.

Okay if I understand correctly you created a custom post type for "Episodes" using Toolset Types, am I right? If you used the default settings for this Custom Post Type, each published "Episode" post will have its own custom URL, something like yoursite.com/episode/episode-post-slug. This is called the post Permalink. In the Episode post editor, you should be able to find the Permalink for an Episode post. It's in the right column under the Document tab if you're using the block editor. If you're using the Classic Editor instead of the Block Editor, the permalink will be shown just below the post title. When you create a View, you should be able to find "Episode" or whatever the custom post type title is, in the View Content Selection editor area. This is what you should select to display a grid View of the Episodes post type. You should not select "Pages", since that would create a View of the site's Pages like Home, About, Contact, etc.

Let me know what you find out from your testing, or if you're confused it may be helpful for me to log in and take a closer look so I can create some screenshots showing you how to proceed. Let me know if that is the case, and I can provide private fields where you can share login credentials securely.

The topic ‘[Closed] Toolset Types Plug-in’ is closed to new replies.