Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Types breaking Woo Commerce Linked & Composite Products lookups in admin

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Upgrade to the Types plugin version 2.2.2, in the Woocommerce plugin, some feature related with select2 does not work, for example:
up-sells, Cross-sells, Grouping, and Composite Products does not work.
Basically, instead of Woo asking to type three or more characters the AJAX lookup automatically says, No Products Found.

Solution:
There is a known bug within Types plugin:
Types 2.2.2 causes a compatibility issue with select2 fields of other plugins, for example "Advanced Custom Fields Pro plugin".

I suggest you check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Types plugin
2) Apply below hot fix, and test again.
https://toolset.com/errata/compatibility-issue-acf-pro-select2-fields/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sammut 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Looking up a product in up-sells, Cross-sells, Grouping, and Composite Products does not work once Types is installed. Going through the exercise of switching themes, removing all plugins, etc, we discovered that turning Types off fixes the problem.

Basically, instead of Woo asking to type three or more characters the AJAX lookup automatically says, No Products Found.

We very much need to use Types on this project. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael

Dear Michael,

I did not see what version of Types are you using in the debug information you provided.
I suggest you check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Types plugin
2) Apply below hot fix, and test again.
There is a known bug within Types plugin:
Types 2.2.2 causes a compatibility issue with select2 fields of other plugins, for example "Advanced Custom Fields Pro plugin", I suggest you try the hot fix first:
https://toolset.com/errata/compatibility-issue-acf-pro-select2-fields/

I am using the latest version: Types Version 2.2.2. I applied the patch and it appears to be working. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.