Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset template editor a bit primitive. Possible to use atom or sublime text?

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.40 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi, finding the Toolset Content Template editor a bit difficult to work with, is there another alternative?
I Guess I could copy html and css to an external editor edit and copy it back to the Toolset template. Is this realistic or workable solution or can you suggest any other methods which might make editing more user friendly?

Thanks
David

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

If you prefer to work with raw HTML and CSS code, moving content from the preferred external code editor should work fine.

However, if you're open to adopting a new visual content builder tool, I'll recommend checking our new Blocks editor:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-toolset-plugins-work-with-gutenberg/

At the moment, it is available in Toolset Views beta, but it is planned to be included in the next stable release of Toolset Views.
( which is scheduled to be out, very soon )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.