Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset template doesn't apply to xtheme

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matteoM-6 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to apply a template to a post type, it worked before but I've just updated the theme (xtheme) and now it seems like Toolset it's not able to take xtheme over.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link it's happening here, the template name is web-projects-v2

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Update: It actually looks like the content it is there but the CSS is not.

Update: I've tried this guide but the function string doesn't show up: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/templates/theme-support-for-content-templates/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I tried to view the page that you mentioned, but it was showing a maintenance mode message.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, so that I can see how this content template and theme is set up?

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Any news?

Thanks and happy Easter,
Matteo

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Matteo,

Happy Easter and thank you for waiting.

I've checked the single project page ( hidden link ) and noticed that the "Web Projects (v2)" template seems to be applying and showing the content correctly.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Looks like you've managed to fix this after writing to us and but please let me know if something is still out of place.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

As I've mentioned earlier the content is pulled correctly but the CSS is not. The strange thing is that if you switch to the web template v1 it appears fine (the v2 should look similar to the v1).

Would you be able to help with that?

Cheers,
Matteo

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Matteo,

Thank you for sharing these details.

If you'll check the custom CSS code added in both these templates, you'll see that the one in the "Web Projects" template uses color codes directly, while in the "Web Projects (v2)" template it is using CSS variables ( ref: hidden link) which haven't been defined.

Example screenshot of the differences: hidden link

You'll note that if the custom CSS code from the "Web Projects" template is included in the "Web Projects (v2)" template, it applies correctly.
( screenshot: hidden link )

I hope this helps.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

I am sorry but I am struggling to understand what I am mistaking.
The variables works everywhere on the website, is any problem with these?

Cheers,
Matteo

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 16.10.25.png

Actually, if you see, template v2 shows colours correctly pulled from the global CSS correctly. The problem seems to be all the remaining CSS including the whole structure of the page.

My issue is resolved now, it was a simple unclosed css line, my bad! Thank you for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.