Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset template does not show site footer

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Site footer created using Elementor's template system does not appear in my single post page.

Solution: Either use Toolset's Content Templates to style your site, or use Elementor's template system to style your site. It's best not to mix these two systems - since they are designed to accomplish similar functions, the systems will compete for control of the page.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by neumS 3 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have a staged site that uses a Toolset template to display the details of a home model. It works fine but that page, and only that page, does not display the site footer for some reason.

hidden link

The site is built using the Astra Pro theme. I have searched for hours and tried every setting I could find to get the footer to display on these pages with no luck. I've looked in the templates and I believe this is happening because Toolset is using a weird single post layout it's getting from Astra. Is there some way I can assign it to use the page template instead of that post template for the base of this Toolset template?

Is there some way I can assign it to use the page template instead of that post template for the base of this Toolset template?
Not directly in Toolset, no, it would require creating a different PHP template for this post type in your child theme. If you want to base that template on a single Page template instead of the single post template, you would duplicate your theme's page.php file. Save that file as single-{post-type-slug}.php in your child theme, and that PHP template will be used to display the single post for this post type instead of the inherited template. This is explained in WordPress's Template Hierarchy documentation: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/

Let me know if you have a question about this.

Thanks for the quick reply. I have gone through and created a template just for this post type. My custom template is applied but it still does not show the footer. hidden link

The footer is made with the Elementor header & footer builder, not sure if that matters. I have taken the same page code and created a named page template with it and it pulls in the footer just fine. hidden link

Something about this Toolset template doesn't allow the call to wp_footer to complete. Or there is some setting that does the same.
I've tried many things and nothing has worked. Any ideas?

Okay then yes, Elementor is a significant component here. Elementor templates and Toolset Content Templates, when used together, can result in various conflicts like missing content and error messages. If you have any Elementor templates assigned (headers and footers included), it's best to avoid assigning Toolset Content Templates to those same posts. In general it is recommended to choose one templating system or the other for the entire site, and most people who are familiar with Elementor choose to not use Toolset Content Templates. General information about using Elementor and Toolset together:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder

Information more specific to templates:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-with-elementor-page-builder/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-elementor-and-toolset/

Let me know if you have questions about either of these scenarios and I can give you some feedback.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.