Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset seems to be conflicting with Avada theme styles

This support ticket is created 7 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jennyL 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Serhii Salii.

Author
full-width-header-with-no-padding.JPG
extra-padding-on-homepage-slider-full-width-row.JPG

I am trying to create a parent layout for header & footer. Ive created the 3 full width containers for header, child element and footer but the header and footer do not appear as full width of the screen, there appears to be a left and right padding which is creating white space at the edges. On the layouts row options, the row background colour should be 100% width on option 2 but it doesnt seem to work.

I visited this URL: hidden link
On this homepage you can see that the slider should be full width however there is padding on the left and right which creates blank space. The header has also been set to be "row background extends to full width" but this doesnt seem to be working as the menu bar colour is not 100% width of the screen.

I expected to see: hidden link
This page doesnt include any layout template so it just uses the default Avada header styles which works as I would expect it to. The header and footer are both 100% full width of the screen with no padding.

Hello Jenny,

You can fix your issue with following code. Please add it to Layouts editor:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-html-css-style-layout-cells/

.full-bg > .container{
padding: 0 !important;
margin: 0 !important;
width: 100%;
}
.container-fluid{
padding: 0 !important;
}

Please note, that custom CSS may breaks theme functionality on some pages, please check your website after applying custom styles.

Thank you, this fixed worked.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.