Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Post Edit Forms not compatible with Beaver Themer singular layouts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Links to edit posts with Toolset Edit Forms don't work if you use Beaver Themer to create templates for single posts of the type being edited.

Solution:
We are adding support for this in an upcoming Views release.

In the meantime you can achieve partial support by registering the method FLPageDataPost::get_content at Toolset > Settings > Front-end Content > Theme support for Content Templates

This support ticket is created 5 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 5 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Brent

I asked and they said they will look to see if it is technically feasible.

If it is we'll probably provide you with a code snippet to implement on your site rather than change the behaviour, as it is consistent with how it works in other page builders, replacing the content area of templates.

I'll get back to you.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Brent

Unfortunately, it looks like it is not possible. The dev had assumed that Beaver Themer similarly replaced the content area using its template (which is how Views Content Templates work), but on closer inspection "it packs its own PHP template and renders the layout nodes by itself". It means it is not simply a question of winning the race as to who gets to control how the content is rendered; because of how their templating works, we are not even in the race.

We have ongoing collaboration with Beaver, and we will try to get a solution that works with their help. Such a solution might involve making it possible to add an edit form to one of their templates instead of ours and selecting their template when generating the edit links.

In any case, it will require a joint effort, and so will take time to implement.

For the time being your edit forms will appear where the post_content module is inserted in the Beaver Themer template.

HI Nigel,

Toolset + Beaver has potential to be a winning combination for building powerful WordPress web sites and I'm happy to see that compatibility between the two tools appears to be improving on a regular basis. I look forward to learning if your team is able to make the frontend post editing experience a usable solution when building single page templates with Beaver Themer.

Thank you for your extended support on this topic.

-Brent

Nigel
Supporter

No problem, let me close this if that's okay.

Modal_Box.jpg

Hi Nigel,

I've found a workaround I'd like to share with others before you close this ticket. A native solution would be preferred, but this seems to be working.

I inserted a PowerPack Modal Box module (hidden link) which presents a direct link to the Toolset edit form. The module even includes a JavaScript snippit which closes the modal box when a user clicks "submit" within the toolset form. Pretty cool.

Thanks again for your help.

-Brent

Nigel
Supporter

That's a slightly different scenario, displaying the form in a modal, but it's good to know that it works, thanks for sharing.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.