Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset plugins not updating

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by geoffD 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

When I try to update my Toolset plugins I get a message:

You must have a valid subscription in order to get upgrades or support for this plugin. Purchase a subscription or enter an existing site key.

When I click on 'Purchase a subscription or enter an existing site key.' I get the correct message 'Toolset is registered on this site. You will receive automatic updates until February 8, 2020 '

I then try to update from this page but get a failed message with 'Update package not available. ()'

I also get the warning 'Connection to https://ref.toolset.com refused'

and

'Framework Installer plugin requires PHP allow_url_fopen to be enabled. Please enabled it in your php.ini. Contact your webhost if you are not sure how to do this.
'

For reference I have just restored my site from a backup as it got hacked...could this be part of the problem?

Best wishes

Geoff

Hi, please try these troubleshooting steps first:
- Go to /wp-admin/update-core.php and click "Check for Updates" or "Check Again". You may not see anything obvious happen here other than a page refresh, that's fine.
- Now go back to Plugins > Add New > Commercial tab and click "Check for Updates" in the Toolset panel. Try updating Types first, then if that is successful proceed down the list in order.
- If updating Types was not successful, it's probably best to reinstall your Toolset plugins from scratch. You can download a fresh copy of Types from https://toolset.com/account/downloads. After that, deactivate and delete all Toolset plugins from wp-admin. Then reinstall Types using the downloaded zip file. Once you have done that, you should be able to go back to the Commercial tab and reinstall other Toolset plugins automatically.

Please let me know if you run into any major obstacles and I'll give you some feedback.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.