Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset plugins make site SUPER slow

This support ticket is created 4 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ido Angel 4 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hey,
I know it's a very complex site with many forms and tables and functions... but still - even with default 2020 template and only elementor and toolset plugins on - the site is impossible to work with.
Maybe there's some code loop somewhere, although I'm quite sure there isn't. But if I deactivated toolset, it's all fine, naturally.
Any help appreciated...
hidden link
(you'll need login credentials to see the actual views and forms)
thanks!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ido,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Have you checked the server's error log for any recent errors or warnings? If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to turn on WordPress debugging ( ref: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ ) and see if any errors/warnings are shown on screen or in the error logs, related to code or server environment.

Also if you could share some examples of pages, which are taking a long time to load, I'll be in a better position to investigate and suggest the best way forward.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Ido,

Thank you for waiting and for sharing the admin access.

During the investigation into the loading of these pages, the only common thing that I noticed was that there are multiple forms used in a View's loop, which result in many AJAX requests.

Still, the time that it takes to load all these forms and complete the background AJAX requests is far greater, compared to what I see with a similar set up on my own test website.

This suggests there is something else at play here and to investigate that, I'll need a clone/snapshot of your website so that it can be tested on a different server.

Can you please share it as explained in this guide?
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Ido,

Thank you for sharing the duplicator package and I've managed to successfully deploy it on my server.

Sorry about the delay in getting back, but we're a bit light on coverage due to holidays.

I'll be performing some tests on it and will update you with my findings, once it completes, ideally by tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience and Happy New Year!

regards,
Waqar

Thx Waqar! Happy New year!!!

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Ido,

Thank you for waiting while I completed some tests on your website's clone.

For each post form on a page ( whether its an add or edit form ), a separate AJAX call is made for the background functionalities.

This means that if a page has multiple post forms, an AJAX call will be made in the background for each one, during the page's loading.

On your website's page ( /admin-panel/ ), there are 3 different post forms called, for each post result in the view, which are currently 40 ( which can potentially grow ).

This means the equivalent AJAX calls need to be completed in the background too, which covers the major share of the loading time.
(it stays the same, even with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and with a default theme like Twenty Twenty)

To improve this loading time on such pages, you can adapt any of these strategies:

1. You can limit the post results that need to be loaded on a page at once through pagination.
( for example, show 10 results per page )

OR

2. Instead of loading those forms as part of the output, you can place them on their separate pages and then add dynamic links to those pages with values passed in the URL parameter.

I hope this makes sense and please let me know if you need further assistance related to any of these options.

regards,
Waqar

Hey Waqar!
Thanks for all the effort.

I'm not sure I can do option #2 since the editing is done on the actual page itself, within the table.

I guess that's what it is then.

Cheers and a happy new year!
Ido

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.