Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset . com

This support ticket is created 3 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Trying to update the Views plugin and receive an error message saying: "Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset.com. Toolset needs to connect to its server to check for new releases and security updates. Something in the network or security settings is preventing this. Please allow outgoing communication to toolset.com to remove this notice."

I think it is affecting my ability to create new views.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Thanks.

Amit Kvint
Supporter

Hi there, and sorry for that but by reading the error it seems to me that your server is blocking outgoing connections.

In a case like this, you will need to contact your hosting and let them allow any connections to our Toolset.com wesbite.

You do also have the option to manually update your plugins, but you need to allow outgoing connections in order to update the plugins automatically.

If after allowing such a connection you still can not update please let us know wand we'll see what's going on.

Hello, I had my hosting service allow the connection. They said they were successful in doing so, but I am still receiving an error and cannot update the views plugin. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

They said they were successful in doing so, but I am still receiving an error and cannot update the views plugin. Any thoughts?
Hi, I'll be glad to take a closer look. Can you take a screenshot of the error and include it in your next reply?

Also, I'd like to try a few troubleshooting steps. It looks like you have the Types plugin installed. There is an automatic installer program included in Toolset Types, and sometimes the files used by the installer get cached incorrectly. To delete that cache, please go to wp-admin/update-core.php and click "Check Again". This will trigger an update of the Types installer cache files. Then go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New and click the Commercial tab. You should see the automatic Types installer system appear. Be sure your Toolset Types plugin is up-to-date. If you currently have Types version 2.x, please DO NOT attempt to automatically update to Types 3 from the automatic installer, because there is a problem with that update process. Instead, you should manually update to Types 3.4 by following these steps:
- Go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads and download the Types 3.4 plugin in zip format.
- Go to wp-admin > Plugins > Installed Plugins, then deactivate and delete the Types 2.x plugin
- Go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New and upload the Types 3.4 plugin
- Activate Types 3.4
- Go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New and click the Commercial tab. Scroll down to the Toolset installer section and update Views first using the automatic updater. Then update all other installed Toolset plugins using the automatic updater.

If you are unable to update automatically or if this process fails, please retry once. Include a screenshot of any errors you experience in your next reply, and I will give you some feedback.

View Bad That I have.PNG
View Correct in video tutorials.PNG
Toolset Version.PNG

Hello, looks like I have been able to update the plugin and the error message went away. It asked for my product key again and that seemed to fix it.

I am still having issues with creating views though. When I go to create a view, there is no option to create a new view from a blank page. It only asks if I want to use an existing one. I want to create a new dynamic slider. From watching tutorials, I should be able to create a new from a blank page/post. I cannot find a way to do this.

Any thoughts on why I cannot see "Create a new View".

Thanks.

Hello, looks like I have been able to update the plugin and the error message went away. It asked for my product key again and that seemed to fix it.
Okay great! Thank you for the update.

I am still having issues with creating views though. When I go to create a view, there is no option to create a new view from a blank page. It only asks if I want to use an existing one
There is a configuration in Toolset > Settings > General tab called "Editing Experience". The selected option is different depending on whether you install and activate Toolset Views or Toolset Blocks. With Toolset Views active, you most likely have the option to only show the legacy (classic Views) experience selected. With Toolset Blocks active, the option to display only the Blocks editor experience is most likely selected. In that case, you would have the ability to create new Views in the Blocks editor but you would not see the Views submenu item under Toolset in the main WP sidebar menu. Regardless, you must select the option to display both the legacy and Blocks editors if you, want to be able to create a View in the Blocks Editor and also maintain access to the legacy Views editor and your list of Views at Toolset > Views.

If that does not solve the problem, please let me know and I will split that question into a new ticket so we can discuss in more detail.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.