Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset.com

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by heinrichT 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi Christian,

now another error occured (see screan shot).

1869767-Screenshot_2020_12_09_at_09.42.35.png

Reference from previous ticket

An error has occurred:
Toolset plugin cannot connect to toolset.com
Toolset needs to connect to its server to check for new releases and security updates. Something in the network or security settings is preventing this. Please allow outgoing communication to toolset.com to remove this notice.

I checked the information in your site and the message indicates there is a problem with the registration here:
hidden link
"Installer could not fetch subscription data for toolset. Error message: Invalid site key for the current site."

Is it possible that the Toolset software suite was registered in a different site, then migrated to this staging environment? If so, then it may be necessary to unregister the Toolset software here: hidden link
Then re-register the software using the key provided for the staging URL in https://toolset.com/account/sites . I would try that first, then if that doesn't work delete the registration key for the staging URL in https://toolset.com/account/sites and generate a new key for the staging URL. Register with that new key at hidden link

Hi Christian,
as soon as I pushed my staging to live the issue was solved. Thanks for your help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.