Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset not working

This support ticket is created 5 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: work with toolset, created a custom post type "projectos", added field group, added 2 listings and 2 taxonomies to that CPT. Those 2 listings were associated with the new layout created.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: private, but will provide access to the wp-admin if private mode activaded

I expected to see: The Layout as built on the backend.

Instead, I got: Always the title and description of the CPT, no additional fields whatsoever,not even search. When using layouts, i created a view that it showed me a correct preview (greyed out) of how it would be in the frontend. But visiting the page on the frontend only shows the title and body of the CPT, nothing more.

And also to be enlighted. I was a previous toolset customer, i used it on a website a few years back.
Now i bought another license for a different website, with my account, and i can't add it on the toolset account because the limit is reached (basic plan).

It says that i only have an account that supports a website.
1 year account = 1 site, after renewal should be 2 year = 2 websites.

What you are doing is forcing your clients to create multiple Toolset accounts, each one for a website (on the basic plans), which i can say, it's a pain.

ps: at the moment i can't provide the ftp details (they are incorrect) but if you extremely required i can request it to send it to you.

thanks

There is a Server Security Applet that requires login, and the submitted log in data does not work for it.
I re-activated the private reply

Related to the issue where you (if I understand it correctly) did create, and assign, Toolset Template Layouts to different content (posts, archives) and that design isn't showing up on the front end (Layout is not applied) then probably the Theme you use is not using the_content() function used by WordPress Themes to display the Post.

In that case the issue would be resolved as soon you either:
- do not use Toolset Layouts but Content Templates instead (Disable Layouts)
- or, use a Theme that uses the_content() (like Twenty Seventeen)

If that does not solve the issue at all, I will need to look at this from the backend, but I cannot reach it as above explained.

Related to the accounts and payment issues, I can state that we do not force our clients to create multiple Toolset accounts.
It is a choice of what you purchase when you purchase Toolset.
They can be upgraded and even merged (If you contact us and explain the issue, we mostly can come to a solution).
For any issue related to accounts, wether it is complaints, or requests to upgrade, merge, get discounts due to old membership we Supporters do not respond.
However you will be assisted if you explain that particular issue here:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/ > Account and Finance (Direct Link: https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/account-and-finance-contact-form/)

Our dedicated concierges reply there 🙂

I hope the technical issue is resolved as above shown, if not I will be happy to assist you further.

Hi Beda,

Thank you for your time.
Sorry, the htaccess was on and you couldn't access. Now you can access the admin using the same credentials i initially inserted.

I deactivated layouts, on the content template é inserted 2 fields that are correctly filled.
Visiting the project slug, still the same problem...

I'm worried that this template might not be compatible with toolset since this is already the second template purchased for this project...

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello Tiago,

I checked your issue after login to your site and I see that your theme is not using the standard the_content( function.

Content Templates modify the content when called from the WordPress’ built-in the_content function. Some themes do not use the_content function, but define their own function. In this case, Content Templates are not applied to selected posts on the front-end.

It uses following filter:

WP_Hook :: apply_filters

So - I suggest you should create a child theme and singe post PHP template for your post type "projectos" (single-projecto.php) and use the standard the_content function to display the content.

Please check following Doc for more info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/editing-view-templates/theme-support-for-content-templates/
=> https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Type_Templates#Custom_Post_Type_Templates
=> https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/basics/template-hierarchy/#single-post

Thanks Minesh,

I've posted a support ticket with the theme developers and im waiting response.
What themes are compatible with Toolset, is there any list? Is Avada compatible?

Best Regards,

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.