Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Maps not showing map in backend

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
Screen Shot 2016-07-25 at 12.23.54.png

I am trying to: create a new map in a custom post type by inserting the address. The map loads, but afterwards crashes and says that something failed to load. The console shows the Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError hidden link.

However, there is a Maps API created for the domain and the map shows ok on the frontend. Somehow the API key is not added when using the map in the wp backend and it returns this error.

We've added the API key in the Toolset > Settings > Map, after which the front end maps work. However, the backend maps keep crashing.

Is there any way to fix this?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You must try to create new API and make sure following APIs are enabled and recreate new API key:
- Google Maps Geolocation API
- Google Maps JavaScript API
- Google Places API Web Service

Could you please confirm above APIs enabled and you recreate Google MAP API key.

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 11.25.46.png

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for getting back on this. I created a new API key (browser API), and enabled the three API services you mentioned. After that I changed the API key in the wp backend. However, the map in the posts is still not showing (getting the same error):

Google Maps API error: MissingKeyMapError hidden link

Anything else that we could try to make it work?

Best,

Minesh
Supporter

1)
Could you please share problem URL?

2)
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,

I forgot to provide you with the problem URL. It is only visible when you're logged in into the backend, and happens with the custom post types "properties" and "buildings". Just as an example:

hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - this is really strange.

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
[ Check with only Toolset plugins + default theme ]

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.