Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Maps not displaying correct location on front-end but does on back-end

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The map marker is displayed in the correct location on the backend of my site, but the map on the front-end of the site does not show a marker.

Solution: Be sure to add the marker shortcode along with the map shortcode if using the classic editor. Both are required to display a map with a location marker.

[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1"][/wpv-map-render]
[wpv-map-marker map_id='map-1' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-street-address'][/wpv-map-marker]

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes

This support ticket is created 3 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by terryR 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
04.png
02.png
01.png

Hello,
I have recently added Google API Key to the Toolset Maps.
When I enter the address in the back-end - the map is showing the correct address but when I check on the front-end it displays the map by showing an ocean location instead. Please refer to the attached files.
Can you please advice me how to fix this issue because the site is launched now and working.
Thank you.

I'll be glad to take a look. Looks like your API key is configured correctly. I will remove the screenshot that includes the full key for security purposes. Can you show me screenshots from wp-admin that explain how you added the map and marker to your site? If you've used shortcodes in a classic editor, please copy + paste any of those codes here for me to review. If you've used the Block Editor experience, please take screenshots showing any block editor design and the block configurations for the map. I'll review everything and give you some feedback. Thanks!

Hi Christian. My developer has been off for a couple of days but I'll have him re-connect with you Monday morning. We'll get you the items you need to look at to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 10.21.35.png

Hello,
This is the code for the map. I am attaching a screenshot of how the code is layed in the "Content Template" section.
P.S.
I have created a user with password so you can login if needed and check but not sure how to send the creds on private.

Thanks.

There should be private fields available when you submit your next reply to this message through the forum. Please provide login information and let me know where I should see the map on the front-end of your site.

It looks like the map shortcode was added to your template, but the map marker shortcode was not. I added one for you so you can see it working. Here is the shortcode syntax I used:

<p>[wpv-map-render map_id="map-1"][/wpv-map-render]
              [wpv-map-marker map_id='map-1' marker_id='marker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_field='wpcf-street-address'][/wpv-map-marker]
              </p>

Both shortcodes are required to display a map with a marker at the street address location. Let me know if you have questions about that.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.