Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Maps (Google Maps) – no preview in backend

This support ticket is created 4 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by philD-4 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

At some point in the past few months the back-end preview for the Google Map, in my custom post type, quit displaying. I was a couple versions behind...I've just updated all Toolset plugins and now the empty <iframe> with no content has been replaced by: <div class="toolset-google-map-preview js-toolset-google-map-preview"></div>. This div has a background-image set in CSS (../images/powered-by-google-on-toolset.png) but no preview. Perhaps this is the new expected behavior but I was just checking to see if perhaps there's a setting that I could change to restore the back-end preview of the map prior to publishing a post and checking on the live site. (The live site is fine.)

Hi, it's not the expected behavior once the address has been mapped successfully. You should see the map preview. If that's not happening, it could indicate an API Key problem, or a conflict with another plugin, or a conflict with your theme. You can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Clear your browser cache and test again
- Go to Toolset > Settings > Maps and click "Check API"
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types, Maps and Views, and activate a default theme like Twenty Nineteen. Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns. If the problem is not resolved, open the browser console and test the post editor screen. If any JavaScript errors appear, please copy + paste them in your next reply for me to review.

Christian, thank you for the reply.

I found the issue...it was not related to Toolset at all and it has been resolved. Thank you for your time.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Could you identify the cause - I am having issues with the map and would be nice to know what you found

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.