Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to create a GDPR consent for Toolset Maps

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Toolset Maps lets us insert Google Maps, which in turn use Google's scripts to gather data from visitors of that map.
How can we create a consent for that asks the visitor to agree BEFORE the scripts are loaded and data potentially gathered by Google?

Solution:
There are 2 solutions:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-maps-and-gdpr-cookie-consent-plugin-seems-to-conflict/#post-1326825

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas K. 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi Beda

I can confirm that solution no. 1 is still working perfectly for me 🙂

Regarding your summary of it, I would just add the following:

A) You must remember to set the cookiebar to reload the page when the user clicks on accept or reject buttons - via the plugin settings.

B) Cache plugins can interfere with cookiebased solutions. This should not be a problem with paid version of this particular plugin, but if you have problems and use WP Super Cache, you can try the "official" WPSC solution below (adjust for the different cookies needed), which did the job for me, when I was using the free version:

/*
 * Tell WP Super Cache to cache requests with the cookie "viewed_cookie_policy" separately
 * from other visitors.
 */
function add_wpsc_cookie_banner() {
    do_action( 'wpsc_add_cookie', 'viewed_cookie_policy' );
}
add_action( 'init', 'add_wpsc_cookie_banner' );

Thank you for your help and input!

Great, yes that's an important point.
I've shared that internally so later eventually it will either get added to a Document or just kept as an internal note to a possible solution.

This depends on decisions I cannot control 🙂

Good is that we have more than one, inclusive a free solution.

My issue is resolved. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.