Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Layouts are getting automatically created everytime I edit a page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dee_DeeA2948 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am trying to:
Create or edit new website pages.

Everytime I edit or create a new page in WordPress, it redirects me to Toolset Layouts. It creates a layout and leaves me in the Edit Layout page. This is super frustrating. Not sure why this is happening?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I see from your website's debug info that you have out-of-date versions of Views and Layouts.

That's understandable, as Views and Layouts have been temporarily removed from the custom Toolset installer which is being redesigned, and need to be updated manually.
( ref: https://toolset.com/errata/many-back-end-links-unexpectedly-redirecting-to-create-new-layout-with-wordpress-5-6/ )

Note: If you have problems accessing your plugins page (because of the issue described above), you may need to remove the previous version using FTP.

Once these plugins have been updated to the latest versions, please clear all involved caches and then check the admin area edit pages.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,

Thank you for sending me down the right path. The Layout plugin is definitely causing the issue!
Right now, my homepage doesn't exist. There's a menu and then the footer.
But when I deactivate Layout plugin, my homepage comes back along with the layout auto-creating problem that you addressed.
I downloaded the latest version for the Layout plugin and installed it on my website. I chose to replace the current version and overwrite the files. However, even with the new Layout version installed, the problem seems to continue.

You mentioned: Once these plugins have been updated to the latest versions, please clear all involved caches and then check the admin area edit pages.

I used a plugin called WP Fastest Cache:
I clicked "Clear All Cache" and "Delete Cache and Minified CSS/JS".
It still didn't seem to fix the problem. I'm not sure if there's something else that I should try?

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update.

In case the issue persists, even after updating the Layouts plugin, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details.

Note: Your next reply will be private and please make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Hi Waqar. Thank you for your help in identifying that there was an issue with the Layout plugin. I had my hosting provider execute a restoration to an earlier date. I also updated all of my toolset plugins to the newest versions. Everything seems to be working fine now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.