Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Integration With Yoast

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Toolset Types custom fields do not seem to be included in Yoast SEO analysis.

Solution: Our developers are working on a fix for the issue, which occurred beginning when Yoast 14.6 was released.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/errata/yoast-stopped-analysing-types-custom-fields-with-14-6-update/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
yoast-seo-options.png
sample-seo-analysis.png

WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO:
We run a premium version of Yoast SEO together with Toolset on our website. We use multiple content types (i.e. posts, tutorials, workshops). While the Yoast SEO analysis of the posts and tutorials post types is working fine, the individual workshop pages (e.g. Podcasting Sound Design) which uses quite a number of custom fields (see below), does not seem to work with the Yoast SEO analysis.

WHAT I EXPECTED TO SEE:
I was expecting Yoast to analyze the custom fields used on our workshop pages.

Here are the CUSTOM FIELDS we use on our workshop pages:
wpcf-workshop-full-description, wpcf-workshop-outcomes, wpcf-workshop-syllabus-description, wpcf-workshop-participant-work-description, wpcf-workshop-participant-work, wpcf-workshop-audience, wpcf-profile-about, wpcf-workshop-tuition-description, wpcf-workshop-prereqs, wpcf-workshop-requirements, wpcf-workshop-add-information

Here is link to OUR SITE:
hidden link

Here is link to sample workshop page where Toolset-Yoast integration is not working:
hidden link

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/seo-for-custom-fields-using-toolset-and-yoast-seo/

### BEGIN MESSAGE FROM YOAST TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM ###
Thanks for your continued patience. We understand that not being able to get Yoast to recognize the content in custom fields created with Toolset is frustrating. Let's look into this.

Looking through Toolset's site, we found this link, where they explain how to get Yoast SEO and Toolset integration so that Yoast can read content in their custom fields.

Having mentioned that, we did check the settings on fields like Course Overview and it seems that the content is still not being sent to Yoast SEO for analysis.

Can you please contact the Toolset support team and ask them if you need to configure anything else in their plugin to get the content in their custom fields to be sent to the Yoast SEO plugin for analysis?

Please let us know if you have any further information.
### END MESSAGE FROM YOAST TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM ###

Hello, our developers are aware of an issue that began when Yoast 14.6 was released, preventing Types custom fields from being properly indexed and included in Yoast's analysis. We've published an erratum about this: https://toolset.com/errata/yoast-stopped-analysing-types-custom-fields-with-14-6-update/

A possible workaround is described there, with some known limitations. Sorry for the inconvenience, we're working to get this fixed.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Quick update to let you know our developers will include the fix for this issue in the next Types release after 3.4.7, which is currently being distributed to clients.

That's great news and thank you for the follow-up!

Hello, our team is now in the process of pushing out the latest Toolset release. If you have not yet been prompted to update to the latest versions, you may need to go to wp-admin > Plugins > Add New, then click the Commercial tab. In the Toolset Installer panel, click "Check for Updates", and the automatic installer should find the latest versions of Toolset plugins ready to install. The fix for this issue is included in the latest updates. Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. Feel free to close here or let me know if the issue is not fully resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.