Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Toolset Image Block problem and missing feature

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinE-4 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Recently using the Toolset Image block and had 2 minor issues and 1 request:

1. turning off Dynamic Caption still leaves caption for last post need to manually delete. ( I was using the dynamic caption for post title link, then decided to turn it off and discovered the it did not want to stop showing the caption for the last post title it found...)

2. I was having difficulty getting the Image block to give the option to display a custom image field on a custom post type. I had to create a separate view for that post type, put in an image block to grab that image field, save it to REUSABLE BLOCKS, and then retrieve it from the content template where I was trying to access it. It was a fine workaround but awkward and took me a while to figure it out. It should be easier to access these custom fields from the image block.

3. Feature request - it would be nice to optionally allow Title tooltips on hover.

Many thanks for all the fine work!

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Martin

1. I found that if I added a caption with a dynamic source that disabling the option for a dynamic caption left the text produced for the preview in place as static text, which can then be edited or deleted as required.

I'm not sure how much of an issue that is, except I noticed that if I disable the dynamic caption, save the page, then return to it (i.e. reload it) then I get a broken block message that I need to recover (which does work), so I'll escalate this.

2. I didn't see any such problem when I just tested this, I was able to select the custom image field as the dynamic source of a Toolset Image block (screenshot).

There is one potentially confusing aspect of this, which is if the post being used for the preview of the template has no value for the image field, then you don't get to set the options for the image field in the sidebar. Whichever post is used for the preview needs a value for the image field.

3. The tooltip would be when hovering what? The image, and it shows what? The title of the main post?

Thanks Nigel.
1. yes that was an easy one to spot
2. sorry I am not more specific. I will try to look into this further and get back when I have time. All I know is what I experienced...Could not see the field. Separately I can't see taxonomy termmeta fields either so that needed shortcodes.
3. Yes, hover an image to show the post title it is coming from in a view or perhaps any other field of interest in the post. Could be quite a nice feature.

Have a great Monday!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.